Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am a tool at times

+2
Ryaneg6freak
mike74
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I am a tool at times Empty I am a tool at times 25th January 2018, 9:09 am

mike74

mike74

Morning guys,

For a while now I've been thinking that my R isn't as quick as it should be. Its got a chipped ECU (meant to run 1.2 bar boost), 3" straight through turbo back exhaust, adjustable FPR, hard wired fuel pump, and boost controlled via a Dawes device.

I was going to double check the timing again this weekend to make sure nothing had changed for whatever reason...that is until I had a revelation this morning.
When I initially set up the Dawes device last year, I was going off the reading on the aftermarket boost gauge on the dash, which I assumed read in decimal bar...and here's where the faux pas enters...it actually reads in PSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed

So instead of setting the Dawes device to 1.2 bar (17.4 PSI) I had actually set it to 12 PSI (0.8 bar).
No fucking wonder it didn't feel quick, lol! I need to get fuel at lunchtime so I'll turn it up and see what happens. Its bound to be a lot more interesting than what it is at the moment anyway; twat!

2I am a tool at times Empty Re: I am a tool at times 25th January 2018, 9:51 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

I guess I'd have the opposite problem, here in the US we don't do that whole BAR thing, all gauges are in PSI. I have a Greddy boost gauge that reads in BAR, and I only know that one bar is 14.7 psi lol. Otherwise, my Innovate wideband gauge also has a boost reading in PSI function, otherwise I'd be lost.

3I am a tool at times Empty Re: I am a tool at times 25th January 2018, 12:57 pm

mike74

mike74

Ok, now it wheel spins in second gear…in the dry!! Very Happy

4I am a tool at times Empty Re: I am a tool at times 25th January 2018, 8:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It's amazing how much a little bit more of boost makes such a difference thumbsup

5I am a tool at times Empty Re: I am a tool at times 26th January 2018, 7:08 am

DC313

DC313

Haha it's funny how we always try and over complicate things when working out problems with our cars!!

Well done for spotting it in the end though! Bet its awesome now, and always great to have an easy fix!

6I am a tool at times Empty Re: I am a tool at times 26th January 2018, 9:32 am

mike74

mike74

Yeah easy fixes are great, but don't happen nearly often enough.

Even at only 1.2 bar this thing is now frightening. My last R had 336 bhp at (I think) about 1.4 bar but doesn't feel nearly as quick as this is now. I was borderline losing traction in third on the way into work this morning and wasn't even being sore on it!! Twisted Evil

Now I remember why I wanted another R in the first place bounce Very Happy

7I am a tool at times Empty Re: I am a tool at times 26th January 2018, 5:07 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Don't post tomorrow saying has anyone got a gearbox??? Sad

8I am a tool at times Empty Re: I am a tool at times 26th January 2018, 8:37 pm

mike74

mike74

Lol, hopefully not

9I am a tool at times Empty Re: I am a tool at times 26th January 2018, 9:41 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

320 is more then enough power for me and scarey fast, i dont know how some people have 400+ and havent topped themselves :chop

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum