Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pulsar at Santa Pod Times

+3
gtir_woody
johnny gtir
shroom
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 10th June 2019, 8:10 pm

shroom

shroom

Popped to Japshow at Santa Pod at the weekend spotted Simon there in his crazy little thing.

Saw a Pulsar going up did a very nice 12.2 quarter managed to go speak to the chap and that was supposedly a bad run and his best is 11.8

He was running a T28 with stock injectors and MAF on 1.2 bar with a quaife gearset. He was launching like a nutter and had 4 or 5 runs but we left fairly early as I needed to wash my hair and do my nails

Video of his run killing of a shite box scoob

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

2Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 10th June 2019, 8:59 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Chris ? Purple wheels ?

3Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 11th June 2019, 4:03 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

nice thumbsup

4Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 11th June 2019, 6:17 am

shroom

shroom

johnny gtir wrote:Chris ? Purple wheels ?

Yeah that's the one mate

5Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 11th June 2019, 8:11 am

DC313

DC313

Awesome, grip and go!!

6Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 11th June 2019, 6:22 pm

shroom

shroom

DC313 wrote:Awesome, grip and go!!

Yeah he was red lining it and launching supposedly lmao no playing around

7Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 11th June 2019, 7:48 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Good times is all down to nice hard launch .
surprising how good R is on strip if not scared break it .
I never bust a gearbox and not had one issue with a par kit but I bust a few outer cv joints .
Love to see the old shit box R wooping evo's and subarus :-)

8Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 12th June 2019, 8:24 am

DC313

DC313

Haha brutal! Be interesting to see some 0-60ft times.

What ratios were you using Mr B on your PAR box out of interest?

9Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 12th June 2019, 1:14 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

they are very good times - i wonder if the new surface at pod helps ?
i've not run mine for years but wanna get down there and try again this year.
my best time to date is a 13.1
was disappointed i didn't get into the 12's as i had a great launch with sub 2secs 60 foot

10Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 13th June 2019, 9:35 am

Murty

thanks for the vid and the chat, first time at the pod, my best on the day was a 12.0 and it wasn't a clean run, first time dragging the car for about 4 years so more than a tad ropey, did a few 1.7 60fts which is pretty good for me.

my car is set up for low prep/noprep tracks, after the track was down for 2 hours because a civic hit the wall and dropped fluid, the track was re prepped, the sun came out putting temp in to the track, I was then running so much slower, it was too grippy. I decided to cut my losses and drive 3 hours home. next time i need to look at how i can reduce my grip enough to avoid the car getting bogged down.

i ran 11.8 on the standard gearbox this is my first play with the quaife set i was apprehensive that the quaife set wouldn't let me shift fast but it was fine.

100% aggression 0% talent, for those that are interested full throttle launch, slip the clutch and flat shift.

11Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 13th June 2019, 4:52 pm

shroom

shroom

Murty wrote:thanks for the vid and the chat, first time at the pod, my best on the day was a 12.0 and it wasn't a clean run, first time dragging the car for about 4 years so more than a tad ropey, did a few 1.7 60fts which is pretty good for me.

my car is set up for low prep/noprep tracks, after the track was down for 2 hours because a civic hit the wall and dropped fluid, the track was re prepped, the sun came out putting temp in to the track, I was then running so much slower, it was too grippy. I decided to cut my losses and drive 3 hours home. next time i need to look at how i can reduce my grip enough to avoid the car getting bogged down.

i ran 11.8 on the standard gearbox this is my first play with the quaife set i was apprehensive that the quaife set wouldn't let me shift fast but it was fine.

100% aggression 0% talent, for those that are interested full throttle launch, slip the clutch and flat shift.

Nice to see you join the forum mate and good to meet you! Nice to see a Pulsar used in anger rather than fannying around with it l more balls than me haha

12Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 14th June 2019, 6:55 am

DC313

DC313

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing more vids of you abusing the R

13Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 14th June 2019, 9:50 am

Murty

that run i forgot to arm the launch control did a 60ft of 1.9 if i had the launch control on and did a 1.7 could of been another 12.0

its unlikely i will be back on track this year, i got a young family so spare funds to mess about with old Nissan's is non existent, i do enjoy it on the street, besides should i have the spare funds i want fully mappable ECU, injectors and direct ignition see if i can be more comfortable in the 11s.

14Pulsar at Santa Pod Times Empty Re: Pulsar at Santa Pod Times 14th June 2019, 8:39 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome to the forum Chris and some good runs mate

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum