Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Low compression :(

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Low compression :( Empty Low compression :( 6th October 2012, 2:57 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Just done a compression test on the R & the figures a 130, 135, 130, 105 Sad So im down on compression on cylinder 4!

Its been sat for a week so going to try again tomorrow after ive been for a run in it tonight & get some charge in the batery as battery may have gone abit flat as i got to cylinder 4?

Am i ok running the car with the comp abit low? as im wanting to go to santa pod in two weeks, Not to run but just to meet a few more R's there :/

2Low compression :( Empty Re: Low compression :( 6th October 2012, 4:18 pm

toaster55

toaster55

did you do the test with the engine at running temp, i got results of 165,165,170,135 with my when i checked it cold after a rebuild, but when hot they were all even across the board.

3Low compression :( Empty Re: Low compression :( 6th October 2012, 4:19 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yes i did it cold with WOT, so shold i let it get up to temp the & try again at WOT?

4Low compression :( Empty Re: Low compression :( 6th October 2012, 4:23 pm

toaster55

toaster55

yeah apparently it is worth shit unless hot that's what i got told anyway

5Low compression :( Empty Re: Low compression :( 6th October 2012, 4:27 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ok cheers pal, ill give it another go tomorrow. Hopefully ill get better readings, fingers crossed

6Low compression :( Empty Re: Low compression :( 6th October 2012, 6:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

sorry to jump on your thread gaz but did you a long time ago now sell me wheels grey rota;s just noticed your pic the garage is what reminded me ?

7Low compression :( Empty Re: Low compression :( 6th October 2012, 7:35 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

johnny gtir wrote:sorry to jump on your thread gaz but did you a long time ago now sell me wheels grey rota;s just noticed your pic the garage is what reminded me ?

Nope not me mate, never owned any rota's lol There compomotive on my R!

8Low compression :( Empty Re: Low compression :( 7th October 2012, 5:48 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No problem they were brand new at a very good price Very Happy as i say it was just the pic that got me thinking.It was a few year back now can not even remember wher it was just thought i could put a face to the name.The lad sold them to realise funds to do work on his car and paint with yours looking good i thought it was that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum