Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.

+11
ben15476
Gostek
GTI-R US
TrueRebel
Oni1One
shroom
johnny gtir
nomad
Kate&tim
johnboy
mreguest
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 11th December 2016, 10:15 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Haha, I definitely understand that one!!

27North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 28th December 2016, 7:15 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Some more info....

BEFORE THE DAY

You may find it useful to watch Andrew Walsh's Car Limits DVD which explains and demonstrates many driving techniques from the basics of steering through to left foot braking spin control, and uses both front and rear wheel drive cars. It is professionally filmed and edited with 3d graphical illustrations of things such as slip angles and traction circles, has various viewing angles, optional commentary and easy navigation. The DVD will give you an overview of some of the techniques you'll learn on your training day and allow you to understand the theory so things are  little easier for you on the day.

To purchase the DVD call 01279 874797 or buy online at http://www.carlimits.com/shop/catalogue.php?c=6

LEARNING THE CIRCUIT

The circuit we will use in the latter part of the day is shown in our Car Limits game – why not have a play to help you learn where you need to go on the day.  Don’t worry, they’ve used a bit of ‘artistic license’ we don’t really have helicopters and people to mow down on the circuit!

http://www.carlimits.com/game/

DIRECTIONS
North Weald Airfield is off Junction 7 on the M11. Follow the signs for North Weald Market and this will take you straight to the airfield. There will be only 1 gate open on the day, next to the Air Traffic Control Tower. The person on the gate will direct you to where you will need to be.

Your instructor will meet you at 9.00am at the airfield. There is no need for the use of helmets and there are food facilities located within the airfield. The course will finish at approximately 4.00pm. Spectators are allowed onto the airfield and we have a briefing room that they can spectate from if they wish.

TYRES
Please note that as your vehicle will be cornering at speed, you may need to inflate your tyres more than you would normally.  Vehicles such as the Lotus Elise, Caterham etc are usually ok as they are lightweight and designed for high speed cornering, but cars such as Subaru Imprezas, Porsches, Madzas, TVRs etc are recommended to inflate their tyres to the maximum stated on the tyre itself to protect the side wall of the tyre.  There is a garage just off the M11 roundabout (on the A414 towards Harlow) where you can do this before the event.  We usually have a tyre pressure gauge so that you can decrease the tyres before your journey home!

ITINERARY

09.00am
Your meeting point will be at the Airfield where you will be shown to your instructor. You will need to bring your licence with you on the day. You will then be given a safety briefing by your instructor.

09.30am
Your course will begin. Depending on the day chosen (2 Person or 4 Person Day) you will be taken onto the Airfield individually and given an assessment, after which you will be shown the first exercise. Once all participants have been shown this, you will all drive the High Speed Bend, being introduced to new techniques "one at a time" taking into account your level of ability and confidence.  You will use various exercises, including steering exercises and the ‘High Speed Bend’ where you can learn new techniques such as modulated braking, rotational steering, cornering, balancing the car on the throttle, the use of trail braking, trail lifting, understeer, oversteer, lift off oversteer, gear changing, heal and toe, skid control, spin avoidance and control techniques.

1.00pm
Lunch Break (there are food facilities located within the airfield)

2.00pm
Continuation of course where you will learn more techniques and put everything into practise using the "The Circuit".

4.00pm
Course Finishes

Please note that all provisional bookings made within 28 days of the event must be paid for in full in order to secure the booking. If you have provisionally booked outside 28 days of the event, Car Limits will hold the booking. However your booking will automatically become available to others if not paid for within the 28 days. It is your responsibility to contact us if you do not wish your booking to become available to others.

FUEL
If you need to fill your car up with fuel before the course, there is a fuel station on the M11 roundabout (Junction 7). You take the exit towards Harlow (A414) and its 50 yards down the road. There are garages on either side of the road (Shell & BP).

ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION

Travelodge Harlow North Weald - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/30/HarlowNorthWeald
Located on the A414 at North Weald.   According to theaa.com routefinder, that's 1 mile from North Weald which takes 3 mins.  £54 per room per night, but do discounts down to £26 a room (dependant on date).

Park Inn, Harlow - http://www.rezidorparkinn.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=ParkInn/integration/hotelInfo&hotelCode=stnpd&language=en&backURI=/reservation/rateSearch.do&origin=Rates%20And%20Availability
This is the closely located to Harlow, and the A414 to North Weald and according to www.theaa.com routefinder is 3.7miles from the airfield.  Rooms from £65 to £90 per night.

Travelodge Harlow Edinburgh Gate - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/268/Harlow
Located in Harlow.   According to www.theaa.com routefinder, that's  6.4 miles from North Weald which takes  15 mins.  £54 per room per night, but do discounts down to £26 a room (dependant on date).

Travel Inn, Harlow - http://www.premiertravelinn.com
Located just off the A414 on the Sawbridgeworth to Bishop's Stortford Road (A1184).   According to www.theaa.com routefinder, that's  6.4 miles from North Weald which takes 14 mins.   Rooms from £55.

The Manor of Groves Hotel - http://www.manorofgroves.com/
According to www.theaa.com routefinder, that's  8.6 miles from North Weald which takes 22 mins.

Best Western Stansted Manor - http://www.stanstedmanor-hotel.co.uk/
This is very near to the motorway roundabout, meaning you have 1 junction to travel (South) to get to North Weald.  According to www.theaa.com routefinder, that's 12.7 miles from North Weald which takes 19 mins.  Twin room from £80.

High Trees Bed & Breakfast, Takeley - http://www.stansted-bandb.co.uk/
Nice clean and friendly B&B.  According to www.theaa.com routefinder, that's 15 miles from North Weald which takes 25 mins.   Single rooms from £29. Twin/double £45/£49.

Marriott Hanbury Manor Hotel & Country Club (Ware) (5 Star) - http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/STNGS
According to www.theaa.com routefinder, that's 15.5 miles from North Weald which takes 32  mins. Rooms from £150.

CAMERA HIRE
If you would like to hire a video camera for the day, please contact us on sales@carlimits.com for further information. The cost is £35 to hire for the day inclusive of 1 DVD or tape.

28North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 29th December 2016, 11:28 am

ben15476

ben15476

Seems to be a little more professional that the last time we did this!
Whats all this about an instructor?

29North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 29th December 2016, 7:38 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I believe we'll have instructor with us for some reason (teach us some tricks or something) tbh I'm not sure never been there lol!

30North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 29th December 2016, 7:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its to make sure you lot behave yourselfs Laughing

31North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 29th December 2016, 8:31 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

The two or four person thing ? Seems to me like them instructions are for a driver training day with 2or 4 people not the open day for multi cars with 3 events or whatever we did when I went last tine

32North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 30th December 2016, 9:05 am

ben15476

ben15476

It will still be a laugh!

33North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 30th December 2016, 9:10 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Be a big fight or tight squeeze to get you all into 2 or 4 cars lol

34North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 30th December 2016, 9:11 am

ben15476

ben15476

So are we able to use our own cars then? Not sure how this will work?

35North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 30th December 2016, 1:40 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Yes Ben you drive your own lawnmower. Tbh I never been there Bob organised it few years back. There could be some small changes since they've had some noise complains etc.

36North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 17th February 2017, 10:08 am

mreguest

mreguest

Howdo,

Just checking is this definitely on whether we get 25 cars or not? Even if we only have 15 cars paying a little extra per person is not much...

Asking because it would be good for me to lock it down in the diary and book a hotel, don't ant to do this and then find it cancelled Smile

Remembering a few years ago the instructors were not in the cars with us they were dotted around the tracks watching and simply sending advice via radio to one main dude who spoke to you before and after each lap of each discipline. The high speed corner event was something different to a track day, really good fun Smile

Cheers,
Adam

37North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.  - Page 2 Empty Re: North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017. 18th February 2017, 8:48 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Hi Adam sorry for late reply. The day is definitely booked (you can see it on their website) and they don't care how many cars we'll have (well not more than 25), as long as they'll get £1100.

mreguest

mreguest

Is or has anyone booked in to a hotel yet?

If so which one as I might join you. I'm thinking it's better than dealing with south of the M25 Sad

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

1. Mike
2.Bea
3.Si
4.Dustin
5.Andrew
6.Bob
7.Ben
8.Ed
9.Alicia
10.James
11. Adam (Mreguest)
12. Rob (Adam's friend)
13. John (Don't know what car tho'.)
14. Ben's mate Andrew
15. Kate/tim
16. Justin
17. Elton
18. Chris

Got few more people interested in it.

shroom

shroom

Gostek wrote:1. Mike
2.Bea
3.Si
4.Dustin
5.Andrew
6.Bob
7.Ben
8.Ed
9.Alicia
10.James
11. Adam (Mreguest)
12. Rob (Adam's friend)
14. Ben's mate Andrew
15. Kate/tim
16. Justin
17. Elton
18. Chris
19. Shroom

Got few more people interested in it.

Will definately come :-) will ask my cousin if he wants to come again and a few others.

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Great mate!! My missus will be in her Sunny, so don't worry she shouldn't be quicker than you this time piss taker

shroom

shroom

Gostek wrote:Great mate!! My missus will be in her Sunny, so don't worry she shouldn't be quicker than you this time piss taker

Laughing I'm sure a Suzuki Swift gave a few a run for its money one time I went so I wouldnt hold you breath mate. The last one I came to I came in a 306 D turbo Laughing just ripped the stick around all the cones most of the day but was good on fuel lol

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Bump! Common People still few places left!!

Oni1One

Oni1One

I'm up for this. Put me down on the list. Smile

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

1. Mike
2.Bea
3.Si
4.Dustin
5.Andrew
6.Bob
7.Ben
8.Ed
9.Alicia
10.James
11. Adam (Mreguest)
12. Rob (Adam's friend)
14. Ben's mate Andrew
15. Kate/tim
16. Justin
17. Elton
18. Chris
19. Shroom
20. Oni

TrueRebel

TrueRebel

I'm up for this too. Put me (Damian) down please.

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

1. Mike
2.Bea
3.Si
4.Dustin
5.Andrew
6.Bob
7.Ben
8.Damian
9.Alicia
10.James
11. Adam (Mreguest)
12. Rob (Adam's friend)
14. Ben's mate Andrew
15. Kate/tim
16. Justin
17. Elton
18. Chris
19. Shroom
20. Oni

I was about to message you mate thumbsup

Last edited by Gostek on 19th May 2017, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

TrueRebel

TrueRebel

Brilliant. Thanks for that. I will have to check on here more often to see what's happening instead of on Facebook.

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

TrueRebel wrote:Brilliant. Thanks for that. I will have to check on here more often to see what's happening instead of on Facebook.

I try to post shows here and on FB nowadays as most of show whores are only on FB.

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Bump! C'mon 5 more people!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum