Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Racing Fuel Regulator

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Racing Fuel Regulator 14th August 2012, 9:31 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Hey Guys, especially interested in Bob's view on this, touched on the subject briefly but was in a rush so didn't fully understand.
Im running a racing fuel regulator, but Bob raised concerns thats maybe im running too much pressure which might cause problems elsewhere. Do i really have to get rid of this bit of kit for a standard unit or is there something i can do with the regulator i have??
thanks Chris

2Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 14th August 2012, 9:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Is it got a gauge on it so you an read how much pressure its pushing?

3Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 14th August 2012, 9:55 pm

Drift God

Drift God

nomad29 wrote:Is it got a gauge on it so you an read how much pressure its pushing?

No mate no gauge on it, wasn't cheap tho think its a Tomei one
had it fitted when i had the uprated fuel pump fitted and the electronic boost controller. they rolling roaded the car i presume to listen for det as they were profiling the boost controller. They said to me then that 'the ecu is still holding back on the fuelling' even though they adjusted the regulator. Makes sense since as far as i know its still standard unit. Thats what concerns me

4Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 14th August 2012, 10:14 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

theres nothing wrong with an aftermarket fpr chris as long as its set up properly and not causing over fuelling issues as ive seen on a few cars.
what i was trying to tell you was that on the power your running the stock fpr is man enough for the job as we had a car mapped that made 478bhp on stock regulator, providing the injectors are correct size and fuelling is good then the fpr will not hold you back

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 14th August 2012, 10:15 pm

Or your not getting enough voltage to the fuel pump, post a pic of the reg for us to see what it is

6Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 14th August 2012, 10:26 pm

Drift God

Drift God

gtirus wrote:theres nothing wrong with an aftermarket fpr chris as long as its set up properly and not causing over fuelling issues as ive seen on a few cars.
what i was trying to tell you was that on the power your running the stock fpr is man enough for the job as we had a car mapped that made 478bhp on stock regulator, providing the injectors are correct size and fuelling is good then the fpr will not hold you back

Cheers Bob for getting back, just when you said on the convo get rid of it and put the standard one back in it got me concerned. I assume its set up correctly but whos to know?? or what can do to find out?

7Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 14th August 2012, 10:28 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Dan the Gearboxman wrote:Or your not getting enough voltage to the fuel pump, post a pic of the reg for us to see what it is

The car is in getting prepped for a respray at the mo Dan i know its definitely a Tomei unit

8Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 14th August 2012, 10:32 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Photobucket

Photobucket

found a photo i had

9Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 14th August 2012, 11:34 pm

Put a gauge in line with the for and the fuel rail to check pressure, also check f pump voltage....easy job

10Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 15th August 2012, 12:59 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Dan the Gearboxman wrote:Put a gauge in line with the for and the fuel rail to check pressure, also check f pump voltage....easy job

cheers Dan will get right on it when the car gets back from paint. Whats the highest pressure it should be at to avoid overfuelling?

11Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 15th August 2012, 1:03 pm

3.5bar at idle wit.h the vacuum hose disconnected and blocked. Idle being 1000 rpm.

12Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 15th August 2012, 1:05 pm

Drift God

Drift God

cheers Dan

13Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 15th August 2012, 2:08 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

you sure on that dan?
i thought with stock injectors it was 2.5 rising to 3.5

mine was set at 3.5 when i had it tuned and it was massively overfuelling, turned it right down to above and then problem solved!

14Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 15th August 2012, 2:31 pm

The book states 3.7bar or 43psi with vac disconnected mate it normally drops to circa 3.0 with vacuum, on a stock injectored car 3.5 is about right , you should never lower this after mapping as on boost fuelling will be too lean.

15Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 15th August 2012, 8:04 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Question will be a few weeks before i get sorting it, will let you know what its reading if i can get a gauge installed

16Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 15th August 2012, 8:08 pm

johnboy

johnboy

3.7 bar = 54psi
43psi = 3 bar Neutral

17Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 15th August 2012, 8:32 pm

43.4 psi at tick over of 1000rpm vacuum connected.

Or better method is 3.5-7 bar 54psi without vacuum typos john boy my mistake

18Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 15th August 2012, 9:10 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Thanks Dan, I'm just interested in the numbers so I know what to look for if/when I have a problem.

19Racing Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Racing Fuel Regulator 15th August 2012, 9:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

learnt something new today then lol
i really did think it was lower than that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum