Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alternator regulator

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alternator regulator  Empty Alternator regulator 8th July 2015, 7:40 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Are the regulators built into the alternators on the r's some one said they are and some one has said there not! Starting getting high volt readings (around 17v) then the lights popped! Then starting running crap, then the abs light and brake warning light came on and now won't start, so must be the alternator

2Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 8th July 2015, 7:53 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Best way of putting it is regulator is integrated into the alternator, quite easy & cheap to fit new regulator & brushes to alternator if bearings & shaft in decent order.
Complete new cheap brand Alternators can be had for under £50 & decent rebuild probably around 50 to 100 GBP.
would be worth disconnecting alternator, run from good battery & testing start as you may of damaged fuses or electronics if unlucky ...

3Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 8th July 2015, 8:06 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Where can you get a new alternator from for £50?? Iv been quoted £160 from my local parts place

4Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 8th July 2015, 8:12 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4979-new-alternator-starter-motor

ones on ebay can be had for less than £50 if put in offer.
Starter & alternator co do genuine new for 110GBP delivered & no exchange as new not recon.

5Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 8th July 2015, 8:15 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Cheers, just had a look, may be a daft question but these will 100% ok for the Gtir as doesn't state so...

6Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 8th July 2015, 8:23 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yes, alternator is just a standard A957 model, have used starter alternator co myself for many years they good company, ebay is cheaper manufacturer of same alternator design, would want know manufacturer before I would commit to buy

7Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 8th July 2015, 8:35 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Iv put a bid in any way, see what happens! Cheers for the help pal

8Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 8th July 2015, 8:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

best of luck ...

9Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 8th July 2015, 10:31 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Recon on a exchange basis is about £80 at my local motorfactors or bob will have one

10Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 10th July 2015, 12:46 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Ok just so people know this doesn't actually fit properly, it's different where the bolt goes through to tighten the belt up if that makes sense? It can't even be made to fit as its too different. So going to try and send it back Sad

11Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 10th July 2015, 8:56 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

which one was that ! the ebay one ? if it A957 it should be fine as that what I always use. what make is it !?

12Alternator regulator  Empty Re: Alternator regulator 10th July 2015, 9:11 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Yes the eBay one I followed the link too, not sure on the make just says Nissan on the side. But deffo doesn't fit!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum