Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

fuel pressure regulator

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1fuel pressure regulator  Empty fuel pressure regulator 9th March 2012, 7:01 pm

Rickylee186

Rickylee186

Hi people hope all is well.
I'm new to owning turbo car's, brought my first R 2 weeks ago and then another the week after lol, so will be turning to you guy's alot!
With a fuel pressure regulator what is the correct pressure it should be running at? if this is set too high would it allow it to over fuel? sorry if i'm off the mark here amd chatting rubbish but unless i ask i will never learn Very Happy
Cheers
rick

2fuel pressure regulator  Empty Re: fuel pressure regulator 9th March 2012, 7:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think its 3bar but will check for you why do you ask what mods do you have on your car ?

3fuel pressure regulator  Empty Mods 9th March 2012, 7:14 pm

Rickylee186

Rickylee186

To be honest not much!

Walbro fuel pump
fuel pressure reg
full stainless, no cat
blitz access ecu
Front mount i/c
uprated ht leads
gizzmo b/c

Hopefully getting on a dyno to put it at 1,2 bar or as near as anyway.
Cheers rick

4fuel pressure regulator  Empty Re: fuel pressure regulator 9th March 2012, 7:23 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats not a bad spec mate so the only things holding you back are injectors maf and a bigger turbo lol and whats your plans for the car are you in the search for some good power then mate ?

5fuel pressure regulator  Empty Re: fuel pressure regulator 9th March 2012, 7:32 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

It is 3bar

you could try putting a standard fpr on to see if the after market one is causing any problems. im sure Bob will have one knocking about you could buy and stick on.
you dont need an adjustable one to run 1.2bar Wink

Have you done a fault code check? how tob is in the help and advice forum at the top of the page as a sticky.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

6fuel pressure regulator  Empty Fault code 9th March 2012, 7:36 pm

Rickylee186

Rickylee186

my mate owns a garage and he's got snap-on computer so will pop that on there to see if anything come's up.

7fuel pressure regulator  Empty Re: fuel pressure regulator 10th March 2012, 10:16 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

hiya rick
as said above you dont need an aftermarket fpr for those mods a standard fpr is more than good enough to support.

the stock item is a variable rate fpr

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8fuel pressure regulator  Empty Re: fuel pressure regulator 10th March 2012, 11:17 pm

Rickylee186

Rickylee186

Cheers again guys for the help, just one thing the standard fpr, is that the small thing attached to the end of the injector rail?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum