Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clutch pedal

+5
johnny gtir
Mr B
Concrete-GTIR
shroom
Stu
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Clutch pedal Empty Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 3:32 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

Hello everyone not been on for ages and thought it wa stone I pulled my finger out and got the pulsar up and running again.

It's had a service and is ready to go all accept the clutch pedal, when you push it down it just stays on the floor. Now I'm sure I remember this happening to me before after it had been stood a while and I was told to pump the clutch pedal and rock the car back and forth. Now this is either me being silly and not remembering correctly but I'm sure it worked last time but I've tried it a bit but to no avail. Does any one have any idea what it may be or how to fix it

Hope your all well

Cheers Jamie

2Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 3:44 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

Ps I've just spotted a tiny leak under the dash from a rubber boot where the clutch pedal push bit goes in is this the problem?

3Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 3:52 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You want get a helper so can see what happening to slave rod to clutch fork when clutch being pressed. & also check clutch not jammed or returning slowly & have good look for leaks at slave & master & the lines along with fluid check & bleed if nothing obvious spotted. Do you actually have pressure & feel of clutch being pressed/disengaged when press pedal or is the pedal without usual expected resistance ?

4Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 3:54 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yes looks likely the master cylinder seals are no good, new master cylinder would be good .

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info.asp?id=1618

5Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 4:28 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I have a good used clutch master for sale if you don't want to buy a new one.
Also check the slave to see if the seal around the piston hasnt started to fail.
My pedal was doing the same when mine was fucked.
You can get a cheap service kit for them.

So you might need the clutch master and a slave service kit.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

6Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 4:38 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You can get a repair kit for master at about £10 ( it same internals as many hydraulic nissan models besides rear gaitor boot ) I prefer new for master mainly as done once & forgot about for a decade & it not expensive. Slave is easier to keep eye on & remove but personally I would do the lot in one hit including flex pipe so no further problems down the line .

7Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 4:53 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

No feel of clutch being pressed to be honest and s slight leak under the dark just at the bulk head and the rubber is perished

8Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 4:57 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

And how difficult is this to change

9Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 5:00 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

As mentioned above then new master cylinder would be good, I would review slave & flex line if they never been done as parts like this are unreliable at 25yrs old.
I will have look for the master rebuild as done one before with nipart kit but for price of complete new cylinder it hard to recommend unless keeping budget minimal .

10Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 5:05 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

Yeah I'll just buy a new master and be done with it, how difficult are they to fit

11Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 5:24 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Fiddly due to lack of space :-D few bits to move to get enough access but if you remove the fork off the end of the cylinder it easier work it out of firewall & out of engine bay from top.
Review slave & flexi line, slave rebuild is about £10 for genuine kit, new slave about same price as master from ICP (blueprint do these too), hose is probably a pain source oem but I just get them made up locally from braided brake line.
Just for info sake I believe nissan master kit is about £20, internals are same as maxima & some other models & pattern kit is £10ish, due to location of master I would do new & if want save money use rebuild kit on slave should you want refresh the whole clutch hydraulics at sensible cost.

12Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 6:20 pm

shroom

shroom

Good luck!

Luckily i had exactly the same issue although i didnt have any leaking. Swapped the slave and it was fine again took ages to bleed.

13Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 6:30 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

Any one got a guide to doing it at all please

14Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 6:41 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/191483309650

This one ok

15Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 6:56 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

No idea, email them see what make it is, do same with ICP although ICP likely be oem nabco if lucky.
Delphi, Aisin, Ashika, TRW, Japko & few others do this cylinder.
It really not that hard to do, you can remove front engine mount & lower it which opens up more room at rear or remove inlet plenum top. good brake pipe spanner or hex crowfoot heads helps get pipe fitting off without drama. Treat hardline with care as damaging it or the line nut/thread makes hassle.

16Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 7:16 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

The hose to the slave Mr b ?

17Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 7:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ What mr johnny sir ?
The short flex hose (54C specific part) is easy make up with brake hose & fittings at any decent parts or hydraulic shop if it perished as cheaper, better & quicker than nissan oem .

18Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 8:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Just asking if you were talking about replacing the hose to the clutch slave ? If so we use a front brake braided hose it fits

19Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 8:12 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Ah I see thumbsup we do much same with that as easy made up from braided brake hose .

20Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 17th March 2016, 8:56 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes if he dose not know anyone or place to crimp on ends its always a good option.
Over here water gets behind seal and rusts the piston on slave seen that a few times and causes solid or pedal to stick

21Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 18th March 2016, 2:48 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I'm reasonably lucky as have good hydraulic line shop virtually at my door & swage made line like the simple/short clutch one is cheap, can do with screw up brake fittings too which little more cost but means anyone anywhere can knock a new clutch line up if needed .
Slaves seem get scabby in general even here as fluid is corrosive & retains moisture so small amount of bypass fluid behind the boot corrodes badly.
At age of parts now I would do the lot as all new hose master & slave & fluid could be done for about £85 generally & quite easy diy job .
Done a car park rescue on a R at a malaysia show & track day, he hadn't renewed the master but had done the slave & line few weeks before, extra stress from bleeding & clean fluid lead to old seals leaking badly, local club member sourced us a pattern 15.9mm repair kit which was for a stanza or 300zx & just stripped cleaned & fitted the seals to keep him off a flat bed. was bit of road kill type fun but it more fun done in a workshop with cool fan & a cup of iced green tea lol .

22Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 19th November 2016, 7:16 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I have absolutely no pedal feel on my clutch, I just tried to bleed it by myself this arvo and doesn't seem to get any pressure at all.

23Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 19th November 2016, 11:53 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Is it old unit and was it working beforehand or this first time bleeding it after build up !
Can be a pain bleed if airlocked but most time on old ones solution will be new clutch master or the repair kit .
repair kit for stanza, 300zx fits besides outer rod gaitor and like 400baht here (about $15AUD) new master almost 3x cost.

24Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 19th November 2016, 9:45 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Old unit that was working fine mate, as you know my car never moves, just jumped in it one day when I was doing some wiring and noticed the clutch had gone.

25Clutch pedal Empty Re: Clutch pedal 20th November 2016, 2:40 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

This is the one I'm after B?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152085628165?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum