Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another gearbox.....

+14
Daniel232006
mc_hawkings24
Gostek
ckd281081
Whytie
splmum
DC313
Mr B
johnny gtir
pulsarmad20
shroom
gtir_woody
nomad
PartyPete
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 3:33 pm

Whytie

Whytie

I have a quaife in mine, not had any issues with over 400bhp an 400ft. I've got a new track build on the go and I think I'll go down the par route

27Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 4:02 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Have you launched it or been aggressive on the gear changes I.e put them through there paces?

28Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 6:03 pm

ckd281081

I've got a PAR full gearset, 1st to 5th, billet selectors, and final drive. Straight cut syncro. All in it cost me under £5k including import tax and postage. Rated to 600bhp and a years warranty. Made to order. Cant comment on drivability or anything yet as im a while away from finishing my build. Pretty sure 600's the highest rated set you'll find out there??

29Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 1:47 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

PAR is pretty good, I paid less than 2.700 but that in asia & bought 2 at time & was sent direct from Malaysia as factory there.
I drag mine & do fair bit of sensible launching but do use a sprung friction plate as far better for transmission, gearbox been perfect & at price it a good buy.
It well designed & made for the price, design changes improved it a lot & bad reputation mainly down to one tit in UK who couldn't build it right & repeatedly blamed the gearkit & par :-/
Better gearkits exist from PPG & the Trust straightcut which was made for them by quaife, gear widths on that are superb, prices of those are very very expensive.
In UK you probably want look at PAR suppliers in Europe, think Poland has one & maybe cheaper than straight import from Asia ! ...

30Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 3:12 am

splmum

splmum

These are the PAR sets available, with pricing in Australian Dollars
http://www.par-engineering.com/catalog/?filtering=1&filter_car-make=124&filter_car-model=176

31Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 6:31 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Any links for the ppg ?

I run a quaife in one car and a par in the other but I don't know the full spec on either. So for a car that gets quarter mile track but also motorway miles if  it was the par what would you go for on the option ratio of 5th ? I don't mind noise Infact I quite like the wine off them thought it would annoy me but they don't. Always been on my list to build a box up so any suggestions welcome. Take it dog engagement is of no use to my needs Infact would be worse ?

Last edited by johnny gtir on 22nd December 2015, 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total

32Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 6:34 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?categoryid=28

33Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 6:41 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Me thinks I need one of each and test them both to destruction Twisted Evil

34Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 6:49 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

IMO I wouldn't enjoy driving dog engagement alot on the road.

35Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 6:56 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes would probably do more damage than good.

36Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 7:56 am

ckd281081

"Me thinks I need one of each and test them both to destruction"

We'll find out soon enough about the PAR gearset, i'll be running some serious power through it.

"IMO I wouldn't enjoy driving dog engagement alot on the road"

Me neither. I've seen 1st hand the damage that PPG teeth can have from dog engagement street use. I had the option when ordering my set and chose syncro

37Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 10:18 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I've decided I'm robbing a bank, or quaife.....

38Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 11:47 am

shroom

shroom

Sell the s2000 job done :-)

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

39Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 12:03 pm

splmum

splmum

gtir_woody wrote:http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?categoryid=28
Interesting, they list parts on one page of their site, but in the price catalogue there is no listing or price.

40Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 1:08 pm

DC313

DC313

^^ yea I noticed that in the pdf there was no mention of cost.

41Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 22nd December 2015, 8:53 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Probably the cost is so much they dont want to scare people off without talking to them first lol

42Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 1st January 2016, 2:36 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Does any body know what the price is for the Ppg billet forks delivered to the UK are as it doesn't seem to list the prices for the pulsar stuff on the web?! Are there any other options for billet forks other than ppg? Think I'm going to be forking out for a full quaife set, been doing my research, people moan, about quaife, people rate them, people moan about ppg, people rate them, people moan about par, people rate them, at least quaife is in the UK, parts can be had easily, and it's not going to cost me the earth. But if I'm doing it I guess I'm going to need the billet selectors as from experience the power all ways seems to find the next weakest point which in this case I guess will be the selectors! I'll also be treating it to a gear box brace. My bank account is going to be feeling sad

43Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 1st January 2016, 3:07 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Nice start to the year glad you maned up in the end me Pete. And if that don't sort it I will buy parts next time it fails lol. No mate good call nothing's cheap but within reason do it right do it once

44Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 1st January 2016, 3:08 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Ps wounder if anyone like me n others are after some parts if both quaife n ppg would do a slight discount ?

Call it a group but or say you private race 1 man team so want spares not sure which would work best ?

45Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 1st January 2016, 3:16 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

If my gearbox fails you will buy me the parts.....I'll hold you to that Johnny haha!! I just can't be arsed with taking the box out every 5 minutes, I want to enjoy the car, all I seem to do is fix the gear box lol, so I'm going to sack up and spend the money, need to know a little more about these forks, I have e mailed them but with it being the time of year it is I don't expect a response for a wile, any body know of a way of getting any sort of discount from quaife? Probably a long shot!

46Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 1st January 2016, 4:39 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Get your best price off them before you say yes tell me what it is I might know someone who can beat it mate

47Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 1st January 2016, 4:45 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Are you saying you an actually bargain with them on the price??

48Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 1st January 2016, 6:41 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Everybody is open to a barter pete its 2016 .... although its a big company now with a lot of big deals from main dealers ... you should be able to get 10% workers there get 20%

49Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 1st January 2016, 6:55 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'm not the best at bartering, teach me Razz

50Another gearbox..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 1st January 2016, 7:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You should be by now with all these gearbox's you keep buying .... Laughing just email them or ring them up .... i would prefer to do it over the phone as its more personal and see what they can do for you as regard to discount .... butter them up tell them that you belong to a motorsport club and if all goes well you can swing them a load of potential customers from the club ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum