Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another gearbox.....

+14
Daniel232006
mc_hawkings24
Gostek
ckd281081
Whytie
splmum
DC313
Mr B
johnny gtir
pulsarmad20
shroom
gtir_woody
nomad
PartyPete
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Another gearbox..... Empty Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 9:44 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Guess who's fucked another gearbox...... Rolling Eyes

2Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 9:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No way pete how many is that now.... at this rate your going to bleed the uk supply dry ... maybe your going to have to think on uprated gearsets ...

3Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 10:02 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I've stripped 4th this time, went over a hump in the road with my foot down and as it came back down it just stripped it! Just had it mapped and its 420lb torque now, this is the 4th box......shot peening is a total waste of money in my opinion, quaiffe 4th now!

Last edited by PartyPete on 20th December 2015, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 10:05 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That sucks no good to hear!

5Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 10:25 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

It does suck, only had the car back a day, I was nearly at home and just thought I'll go for a quick blast....I guess it would have happened at some point, me and pulsar gearboxes really aren't best friends

6Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 10:45 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

opps unlucky im on me third gearbox and if my car isnt wrote off i have the intension of rebuilding one of my broken ones

7Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 10:45 pm

shroom

shroom

Sorry to hear that buddy, have you just got the quaife 3rd then?

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

8Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 10:55 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Mate running the power and torque you are I would certainly think hard about uprating the full set. Yes it's not cheap but at 3 or four boxes fluids your time lost time off the road. The fact you will be feeling you don't trust the car and could end up stuck anywher at anytime. It's time to consider it. There not unbrakable but certainly strong

9Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 11:34 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Just the 3rd tom yes, I know what you mean Johnny but atm I'm not spending that kind of money on it, I've other things that are priorities now, I'll get the quaiffe 4th and for it and just hope that'll be good for the time being, in the future if I continue going for more power etc I will have to go balls out with the box,couldn't believe how it did it! Gutted but I shall continue with it!

10Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 11:47 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

3rd and 4th gear is so over rated Laughing good you're still continuing with it, these things happen

11Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 20th December 2015, 11:58 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

They do woody, and I will be changing that Wink

12Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 2:12 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

PAR straightcut syncro is way forward at sensible price, quaife is over rated & over priced .
Once you strip one gear, fragments that get churned about tend create future issues on other gears due to stresses/damage created & these issues not easy inspected .
Problem with standard gearsets is they all worked hard & most in uk got 100,000mls on them so never worth working with for high power gearbox build .
Want lift off gas before crest or soon as hit one, also good suspension helps here, short travel coilovers are useless & you need decent units with good travel so the extra droop keeps them in contact with ground more & have smoother re-contact causing less extreme sudden drivetrain loading .

13Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 7:34 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

He probably thinks it's a off road vehicle been a 4x4 I would say he drives it like he drives the diggers at work but all I see on snapchat  is his legs up out the front window no work fun tease

14Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 7:36 am

DC313

DC313

Has anyone tried the PPG straight cut syncro gearset? They look pretty tasty to and possibly easier to get than the PAR?

15Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 7:42 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I have a PPG straight cut syncro set in my car, haven't really driven with it yet. PAR is a cheaper option from memory.

16Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 8:01 am

splmum

splmum

DC313 wrote:Has anyone tried the PPG straight cut syncro gearset? They look pretty tasty to and possibly easier to get than the PAR?

PPG and PAR are just as easy to get as each other.

BUT

Be aware that PPG just increased their prices and are almost DOUBLE the cost of a PAR set.

17Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 8:15 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I can't remember if it was par or ppg, but they quoted me £4500 for a set.....cough cough!

18Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 8:27 am

DC313

DC313

splmum wrote:
DC313 wrote:Has anyone tried the PPG straight cut syncro gearset? They look pretty tasty to and possibly easier to get than the PAR?

PPG and PAR are just as easy to get as each other.

BUT

Be aware that PPG just increased their prices and are almost DOUBLE the cost of a PAR set.

Thats good to know! do you have a link / contact for the PAR ones? I couldnt find much info out there on them.

19Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 8:34 am

splmum

splmum

http://www.par-engineering.com/

20Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 10:19 am

splmum

splmum

PartyPete wrote:I can't remember if it was par or ppg, but they quoted me £4500 for a set.....cough cough!

That would have been PPG, their price almost doubled and is around $10,000 AUD (£4500)

21Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 10:53 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Robbing sods!

22Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 10:53 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

So how much are the par ones?

23Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 11:07 am

DC313

DC313

Looking to be about £3200.....

24Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 11:12 am

shroom

shroom

You think for 60 more torque the amount of trouble it causes im sure in 7 years that car had never gone through a box Sad

Cosmic has a good box and no power snd you have the power and no box lol

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

25Another gearbox..... Empty Re: Another gearbox..... 21st December 2015, 2:26 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

He should give me his box as a kind Christmas gesture

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum