Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff

+24
khrys
Ryaneg6freak
DC313
drunkmunky
gtircrazy
Mr B
Riceracer
shroom
toaster55
CanadianLynx
gtir_woody
johnny gtir
mc_hawkings24
DezGtir
Bandyleg
mreguest
mightydquinn
nomad
Moss Ali
GTi ARGHH
aussy mick
ckd281081
Stu
Whytie
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 23rd May 2016, 11:45 am

mreguest

mreguest

DC313 wrote:Hello everyone,

Had a reply from Frank!
He has said the front's should be ready next week! Previously I have asked for details for deposits etc and prices for the centre diff so we can get them secured and all shipped at once, but had no response to that question. I will ask again!

It makes sense to me to get both the fronts and centres shipped over in one hit to cut down on costs!

On the upside I have a rough estimate from him for the centre diff price!

1900AUD = £940 with current exchange rates (this is a ramp and plate style diff)
Continuing if we use the same format as the front diff.
Deposit = £350
Shipping $100 = £50
Import Duty and Tax = £253.80

Total: £1243.80

Please note this is a rough estimate from Frank, but could people confirm they are still interested in the centre at this price.

Many Thanks

Obviously would of preferred it to be closer in price to the front, but still happy!!!

Considering the price of shipping is mostly related to weight I'd be surprised if there is much of a saving getting them sent out together. Also knowing group buys are notoriously crap at getting people to part with their money all at the same time, it would probably be beneficial just to get Modena to take our payments separately and shipped out individually, saves you many headaches...

Personally I would prefer to get the front one sooner rather than later if the centre is not proposed to be made for a while, and especially as they've said it's 'in the machine', great to hear! Smile

Cheers,
Adam

102Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 25th May 2016, 6:11 am

DC313

DC313

Morning All,

Just had an email from Frank:

'Would someone please confirm the number of teeth on the axle spline and the out side diameter.' As he is 99.9% sure he has the right information but wants to double check.
Does anyone have this info to hand / able to measure?

Cheers

103Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 25th May 2016, 8:12 am

mreguest

mreguest

Is this what you mean?

diameter 28mm for both shafts
teeth 27 for both shafts

Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 26631073233_3e4d85ae20_zDSC_2009 by edward guest, on Flickr

Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 27236686905_54039e973f_zDSC_2011 by edward guest, on Flickr

Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 26629920864_36b2968a33_zDSC_2008 by edward guest, on Flickr

Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 27202507926_8f144c451f_zDSC_2013 by edward guest, on Flickr

Cheers!

Adam

104Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 25th May 2016, 11:56 am

DC313

DC313

Perfect! Thanks Bud!

105Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 25th May 2016, 9:45 pm

Riceracer

Can I please grab one of these front diffs?

106Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 26th May 2016, 6:56 am

DC313

DC313

Of course Riceracer,

I think Frank was making a few extra so i'll double check with him and update the list.

Cheers

Last edited by DC313 on 26th May 2016, 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : info update)

107Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 27th May 2016, 6:25 am

Riceracer

Thanks mate, Frank did say to me he was making a few extra ones. Excuse my ignorance but where is the list? Do I need to pay Frank a deposit? I have the money ready to go, thanks.

108Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 31st May 2016, 7:55 am

DC313

DC313

Hi Riceracer,

Current list below, I'll repy to your pm with your other questions.

Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Diff%20Group%20Buy_zpsmb7ilgzi

Many Thanks

109Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 6th June 2016, 2:28 pm

drunkmunky

So folks... how's the weather? Smile

110Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 7th June 2016, 11:51 am

DC313

DC313

Hot!!!

111Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 14th June 2016, 2:01 pm

drunkmunky

Emily e-mailed me and told me that the fronts are ready to go.

112Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 14th June 2016, 5:50 pm

DezGtir

Great news. What's happening about payment?

113Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 15th June 2016, 6:38 am

DC313

DC313

Just getting payment details from Frank, Will then PM you all individually. Then Happy days! On with the Centers, lol!

114Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 17th June 2016, 8:21 am

DC313

DC313

Hi Everyone.
I've PM'd all those who have put their name down for the front diff. If for some reason you havent received it please let me know.

If you can let me know when you have paid to that would be great.

Cheers

115Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 22nd June 2016, 6:31 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Ok so I will get ball rolling there ready to go ideal is it a case of I pay and mine gets shipped or they shipping all at once ? Mine was always on the fact he completed center diff. What stage is he at will they 100% get done and I can pay for front sat morning so will pay then

116Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 22nd June 2016, 9:19 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I sent him an email days ago asking for a postage quote and have heard nothing back.

117Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 24th June 2016, 8:07 am

shroom

shroom

Whats the price of these now the pounds gone poop lol hopefully it rises again

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

118Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 24th June 2016, 8:11 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

shroom wrote:Whats the price of these now the pounds gone poop lol hopefully it rises again

I haven't looked lately? does that mean i should start buying all your parts from over there Laughing

119Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 24th June 2016, 8:49 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Lol , Boris done it ... Probably £ will stabilize a bit but could take months/year get better . You guys shafted either way, Blair had you bent over as a EU charity funder years ago & going take time move forward after Brexit so more shafting to come for the common people, just hope immigration & benefit tightens up & things do get better & hope for a delay in your modena diffs too lol :-S ...

120Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 24th June 2016, 7:02 pm

DC313

DC313

I'll ask the question about wanting the front and centre posted together Johnny. I believe one of the Canadian guys has requested this to.

Gtir Woody, feel free to PM me your email addy with address and I'll ask them to contact you / send you an invoice.

I make them £600 now according to google shroom.

I did have an email from Emily there saying the postage now they have been weighed and boxed is actually $150. Sorry about this change!

Cheers
Dave

121Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 27th June 2016, 12:36 pm

mreguest

mreguest

woohoo! paid mine before the EU shite... but to be honest it does not matter much, the exchange rate now only means that you pay another £20 in every $1000Aus.

only took 1 week to arrive Smile

Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 27934096285_bd55d82fc0_zDSC_2087 by edward guest, on Flickr

looks good!
cheers to dave etc for making this happen!

thanks,
Adam

122Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 27th June 2016, 2:14 pm

toaster55

toaster55

How much import tax did you get stung for? Going to pay for mine on Wednesday.

123Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 27th June 2016, 2:45 pm

mreguest

mreguest

Import bill hasn't come through yet.
I doubt they will forget either!
I suspect suspect it will be about £70, (24% is vat plus import at 4%)

124Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 28th June 2016, 7:05 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Paid for mine today Smile

125Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 5 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 28th June 2016, 7:29 am

DezGtir

Tax will probably be a little more than what you predicting. I'm sure it is cost plus delivery and insurance if any added together + 4.5% + 20% subtract the cost plus delivery and insurance and you should have you tax cost.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum