Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Multiple GTIR Questions

+2
burrows1980
joetheeskimo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Multiple GTIR Questions Empty Multiple GTIR Questions 26th July 2015, 6:52 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Got a few questions so decided to number them below,

1 - Some of the manifold studs have come out of the block and the thread is rounded, what are my options should i drill it out and tap for a larger bolt or helicoil the block

2 - Are the wheel bearings the same all round or are the front wheel bearings specific for the front.

3 - How do you remove the seals from the front hubs, im trying to replace the bearings.

4 - Im trying to replace the gear linakge seal on the gearbox, i need to take the pressed pin out of the linkage. Whats the best way to get it out, should i drill it out and replace with a nut and bolt

5 - Where can i get knock sensor mating connector from.

THanks

2Multiple GTIR Questions Empty Re: Multiple GTIR Questions 26th July 2015, 7:25 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

1. I helicoiled one of mine 9 years ago and still fine to this day. I gather you mean the threads stripped in the cylinder head?, if so then I would use a helicoil, think I used a M10 as I tried to drill the old snapped stud out and made a right hash of it!
2. All the same, just bought four myself from ICP and funnily enough I asked the same question.
3. I used a long flat screwdriver tucked beneath seal lip and popped it out, small pry bar would also work.
4. I need to know this myself Very Happy
5. not sure

3Multiple GTIR Questions Empty Re: Multiple GTIR Questions 26th July 2015, 7:58 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

4, those pins can be a cock, if won't budge then drilling only route. I had some success using a hydraulic bearing puller adapted to press pin.
5. Those knock sensors are used on a lot of nissans & some renaults so you could possibly pull a connector from a breakers yard, expect can be found online, will have a look.

4Multiple GTIR Questions Empty Re: Multiple GTIR Questions 26th July 2015, 8:10 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

5 if you get really stuck it's only 1 wire the left pin on the knock sensor the very small spade connectors will fit

5Multiple GTIR Questions Empty Re: Multiple GTIR Questions 26th July 2015, 8:53 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

5. do have connectors on eBay but unfortunately didn't see one direct in uk so not great price with shipping.
I would salvage one from breakers or solder cable tail into the sensor & then add a new connector to tail & loom .

6Multiple GTIR Questions Empty Re: Multiple GTIR Questions 27th July 2015, 12:53 am

splmum

splmum

Easy to get out with a drift punch, which will allow you to re-use the pin.  You need a set of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsplit+pin+drift+set.TRS0&_nkw=split+pin+drift+set&_sacat=0

They come in handy for multiple uses so well worth buying a set.

7Multiple GTIR Questions Empty Re: Multiple GTIR Questions 27th July 2015, 1:35 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I've had a couple of those pins seized, punch wasn't working so used hydraulic puller as press on pin & left it under pressure for few hours & tighten ram periodically, sprayed with release oil and eventually they moved without any fuss or abuse.

8Multiple GTIR Questions Empty Re: Multiple GTIR Questions 27th July 2015, 10:08 am

ducie54

ducie54

4. Have a closer look at the pin as mine had a pin inside other pin.

9Multiple GTIR Questions Empty Re: Multiple GTIR Questions 27th July 2015, 9:33 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

That how they been on ones I done 2 seloc spring pins one inside other for better strength.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum