Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Few Questions Regarding Restoration

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Few Questions Regarding Restoration  Empty Few Questions Regarding Restoration 10th May 2015, 1:58 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Just a quick couple of questions.

1) Any links on how to replace lower control arm bushes with poly bushes.

2) Also when my rings went on my old sr20 it was juckign some oil through the turbo.

Before i go and refit the turbo is there any way i can clean it out or check it, ive checked radial and axial play of the shaft and thats fine, dont want to start up the car it just load of oil out through the exhaust.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.priracing.com/search.php?xSearch=nissan+pulsar+gtir

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

The turbo will most likely be fine if it has minimal play, I wouldn't go disassembling it because of abit of oil. How dirty are we talking about though?

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Just clean up your turbo internally best you can, if end play seem fine then doubt turbo an issue, just be sure manually add few cc  of oil into turbo bearing & when first run car crank it with ignition & fuel cut so you prime the oil around fully prior to a full start.
Also check everything well after running, inc pulling off inlet pipes to monitor oil residue etc
lower control arm is easy for bush replacement, rear just slides off & new goes on much the same. Front original one is pressed in, either rattle it out with a air hammer gun or burn the rubber out then remove the outer metal sleeve with hacksaw blade/chisel etc, the front polybush is easy fit as they are 2 halves that push in either side & have metal sleeve push in middle bore of bush halves, sometimes you get grease in the polybush kits & adding some helps reduce squeaks & creeks that you can get from polybushes.
Would be good use a castor adjusting rear bush for the control arm, think one in Nomads link.

houghy_1

I've just done my control arms,sorry to disagree Mr B but with the rear bush fitment I had the superflex 1374ak castor bushes and yeah the bushes slide on but the washers are an interference fit so need heating up.
Just a heads up :-D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum