Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Few questions

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Few questions Empty Few questions 13th April 2014, 10:27 pm

Turbazz

Should I hit the same boost level in all gears?

If I connected my vacuum pipe direct to the actuator (going through solenoid for EBC at the moment) should I get 0.5 bar
I don't have a restricted pipe. Or the the standard of solenoid  all ripped out

Just out of curiosity how does the restrictor pipe or hose work?

Reason I ask want to see if I'm hitting standard fingers before I start messing around

2Few questions Empty Re: Few questions 14th April 2014, 11:14 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no if you up the boost it will always peak higher in a lower gear such as first or second, third is much more stable

with your ebc solenoid you will get what ever the controller is set too as the solenoid will over ride actuator pressure, disconnect that and run straight from plenum to actuator you will get around .5 or whatever actuator pressure is.

the restrictor cuts down airflow from plenum to actuator so allows the actuator to open later as more airflow is required.
same as 1 bar loop with the pipe bleeding off back to intake (losing air pressure) which then makes the actuator more difficult to open

bit like a firemans hose pointed at someone.............big bore hose with crap loads of water going through it will knock someone off their feet, but try doing the same with a normal garden hose!

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Few questions Empty Re: Few questions 14th April 2014, 1:42 pm

Turbazz

Absolutely brilliant answer Bob!!
I was puzzled yesterday why I kept on Peaking! I thought I had more actuator issues.
Basically the restrictor is a different hose size.. Smile

Question is I set the car   to one bar.  It peaks to 1.2

First gear and second gear. Is this safe?
the  controller rapidly brings it down thoiugh

Is there no way of getting rid of this  creep peak?

Also how should I set the gain function on the EBC ? But that would just keep it shut longer...confused

4Few questions Empty Re: Few questions 14th April 2014, 2:32 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

first off you need to keep the vacuum pipe run from the plenum to control solenoid to actuator as short as possible, also mount the solenoid as close as possible to the wastegate actuator (by dizzy on a bracket is a good place)
secondly you need to ditch any cheap thin wall silicone hosing if your using that and replace it with thicker wall quality hosing as actuator opens on + pressure and thin wall stuff just balloons and causes boost spikes and irregular boost

llill peak slightly in lower gears but should hold steady in 3rd so providing its just a brief spike no harm should come at 1.2 assuming your fuelling, ignition and afr's are all good and your using 99 octane fuel such as v powr, but its always worth getting fuelling checked on a set of rollers

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Few questions Empty Re: Few questions 14th April 2014, 3:31 pm

Turbazz

Yes I'm already doing most of that pal thanks for the reply..

What of the gain setting? From 0 to about 40% it has no effect is it worth me turning this up?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum