Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quaife

+8
Bones
gtir_pimp
Mr B
gtir_woody
mightydquinn
buckym120
johnny gtir
PartyPete
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Quaife  Empty Quaife 10th April 2015, 6:20 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Do quaife sell individual gears...I may want a 3rd gear and 3rd gear idler and was wondering if any one has bought them separately? Cheers

2Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 10th April 2015, 6:43 pm

Let me know how you get on with this Pete although I was thinking maybe getting a billet fork selector may make sense but I'm taking a chance at your power on a stock box shot peened and refurbd will let you know how I get on !

3Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 10th April 2015, 7:01 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Are you in the process of having yours done? Is that what you mean?

4Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 10th April 2015, 7:03 pm

Yeah man gave the box to newood transmissions round the corner from bobs then sending gearset off to be shot peened

5Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 10th April 2015, 7:08 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Same here, but the box I gave them was shit, worn gears and 5th had a tooth missing! So took him another set of gears around tonight and he said they were a lot better, he's sending them off next week to be treated, but he just said why don't you ask quaife if the will sell the one gear as that seems to be the problematic one, 1st and 2nd are a lot thicker than 3rd, and that still has a lot of stress through it! So just wanted to know if I could get the one gear! Keep costs down you see

6Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 10th April 2015, 7:39 pm

Sounds like a good plan Pete ! Let me know might jump on this ship and sort out a third gear from quaife

7Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 10th April 2015, 9:56 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

They did possibly still do but tell them its a replacement because they will soon realise people buying just one gear and will stop it soon if they aint already and people who need just one to replace wont be able to source one

8Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 10th April 2015, 10:02 pm

Thanks for the heads up Johnny wouldn't want to ruin it for other people!!!

9Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 10th April 2015, 10:12 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Yea I'd allready thought of that, thought they may get a bit funny, will tell them Iv bust third

10Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 11th April 2015, 7:29 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Lads plenty others have done it. Just saying wont be long before they click or ask whats wrong with it. Doubt it but possibly stop the kit lol. But lots of others done it and will continue to so buy away

11Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 11th April 2015, 7:32 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Well this is good news cheers pal, don't suppose you'd happen to know a ball park figure for individual gears would you?

12Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 11th April 2015, 7:51 am

buckym120

buckym120

How much are they charging for the box rebuild with the shot peened gears?

13Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 11th April 2015, 8:00 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

My gearbox guy is charging £120 without any bearings etc, and the company im using is charging about £400/450 for shot Peening and freezing

14Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 11th April 2015, 8:46 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Yes, you can buy the gears separate direct from quaife, I bought both parts for the 3rd gear about 6 week ago as I smashed a couple of teeth of them. They even had them ready on the shelf to send straight out!

15Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 11th April 2015, 8:57 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

How much were they?

16Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 12th April 2015, 8:33 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Shot peening is way more expensive than what I thought.

17Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 12th April 2015, 9:07 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

That includes freezing woody and that's £200 on its own

18Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 12th April 2015, 9:59 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ahh ok I missed that part, adds up quickly though

19Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 12th April 2015, 10:43 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh add all the costs up inc seals, bearings etc & it not cheap, main reason why you need A1 condition gears or it waste of money.
Shot peening done well is harder than you think as gears are quite hard to evenly/fully blast & requires good kit & experience for worthy results.
Good to see people putting in effort & money on the box though.

20Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 12th April 2015, 11:50 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

It's got to be done at the end of the day, a standard box won't last 5 minutes at this power, I'm giving it a try any way and then I can see what happens, I want to try the cheaper option before having to sell my gran to buy full quaife sets!

21Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 12th April 2015, 11:58 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would buy PAR straightcut over quaife but I suppose best see how much you get for gran first :-)
Hope your box gives good results, nice see people putting the money & effort in as most just kill standard ones or sulk & sell up.
Hope to here good things, best of luck .

22Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 12th April 2015, 12:02 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Par website seems to be down, Mr b do you know if the Quaife gear will go on a standard shafts or are quaife gears specific to quaife shafts? p.s do you wanna buy my nan?

23Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 12th April 2015, 12:31 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I not sure on your quaife as I only worked on standard & PAR, have heard they do.
I can buy isan & lao farmers daughters for like £10 here so your gran not a good buy for me, eBay your best bet ...

24Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 12th April 2015, 1:09 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

They wouldn't let me sell her! Some law about selling humans, I hope they do fit

25Quaife  Empty Re: Quaife 12th April 2015, 5:02 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

Just out of interest has anyone tried running big power through a standard rebuilt gearbox? and how long did it last? 

There an orange pulsar with 600bhp somewhere on YouTube that apparently has a standard gearbox!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum