Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

is this a real quaife box?

+2
GTI-R US
ROB_IOW
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1is this a real quaife box? Empty is this a real quaife box? 14th April 2014, 9:46 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Is this real?
What does he mean? = As can be seen in the pictures is the more of a strait cut kind of gear that is provided in the quaife kit
Because he says in advert that it is a quaife

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321378760032&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

2is this a real quaife box? Empty Re: is this a real quaife box? 14th April 2014, 10:00 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

It's hard to say from that photo but the gear does look more straight cut than a quaife so I'm wondering if it's a par gear set.
If you zoom in on it it looks like the teeth have been chipped on one of the gears right on the edge so could be a gamble as to how long that will last.
Think the guys had it for sale for a long time now so mmm!

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3is this a real quaife box? Empty Re: is this a real quaife box? 14th April 2014, 10:07 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Was billys old box bob the lad has sold all items as his situation has changed i can vouch for some of the other items been described as they were and good dealings with him. Dont think he has personally used the box

4is this a real quaife box? Empty Re: is this a real quaife box? 14th April 2014, 10:36 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

As me and bill are now gearbox experts, I don't think the teeth are chipped bob, but it's always hard to see in a poor quality photo. We would be more than happy to take the box apart for you but unfortunatly we're too busy to put it back together. There a picture on here of the last one we took to bits lol

5is this a real quaife box? Empty Re: is this a real quaife box? 14th April 2014, 10:40 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

is this a real quaife box? 864BE7AA-5815-44E7-9779-16A40C926003_zpsjbiw5a2k

6is this a real quaife box? Empty Re: is this a real quaife box? 15th April 2014, 1:24 am

Whytie

Whytie

The box in the link looks fine, it's defo a quaife. I don't think the teeth are chipped it's just the way they look

Stock box
is this a real quaife box? Null_zpsd385351a

Quaife box
is this a real quaife box? Null_zpsc162371d

7is this a real quaife box? Empty Re: is this a real quaife box? 15th April 2014, 1:27 am

Whytie

Whytie

Looking at the stock gears you can see how easy it looks to shred a gear

8is this a real quaife box? Empty Re: is this a real quaife box? 15th April 2014, 8:21 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Teeth not chipped, just chamfered corners & looks like Quaife, certainly want look at it in person if paying decent money.

9is this a real quaife box? Empty Re: is this a real quaife box? 15th April 2014, 10:38 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I cant see the chip on here (pc) but if you zoom right in close on a phone there definitely appears to be a chip on one tooth im not talking about the chamfer on the teeth

yeah not saying the guys not a genuine fella and stuff hes sold is not good but think I would wanna see it running tbh or have some kind of comeback if you fitted it and it was no good as the stuff aint cheap to rebuild if theres a prob

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]