Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Road to recovery part 1!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Road to recovery part 1! Empty Road to recovery part 1! 7th January 2015, 9:34 pm

paz

Yesterday I insured my pulsar for the first time in 2 years, as it's been off the road tucked up in the garage!

Before I put it away it started smoking a little on gear change, so the next step is to run it to my local garage for a check up. I'm assuming something is broken, so I'll have to get that sorted before an MOT. I'll let you all know what the problem is, I'm guessing turbo but might be something worse... I've never normally been one for good luck!

Don't know what it is about these cars, but I can't give up on it no matter how hard I try! Can't wait to get her back on the road!

Paz

2Road to recovery part 1! Empty Re: Road to recovery part 1! 7th January 2015, 9:46 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Fingers crossed mate! Mine's been tucked up 3 1/2 years since the clutch went on the way back from passing its MOT! I've got a garage full of upgrades to put on once its fixed & street legal again. Very Happy

3Road to recovery part 1! Empty Re: Road to recovery part 1! 7th January 2015, 9:53 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

What colour is the smoke? Will be the best feeling when she is back on the road though Smile

4Road to recovery part 1! Empty Re: Road to recovery part 1! 8th January 2015, 11:27 am

paz

Blue Sad

I honestly can't wait!

5Road to recovery part 1! Empty Re: Road to recovery part 1! 8th January 2015, 11:35 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Maybe value stem seals. Hopefully you get good news from the garage though Smile

6Road to recovery part 1! Empty Re: Road to recovery part 1! 8th January 2015, 11:57 am

paz

Yeah that was the second thing I was thinking after turbo Sad

Whats the cost to repair stem seals roughly any idea?

7Road to recovery part 1! Empty Re: Road to recovery part 1! 9th January 2015, 2:07 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I would say valve stem seals too paz especially if shes been laid up a while and they may have dried out and gone brittle and cracked.

I know this sounds crazy but if the turbo is ok and it is the seals letting by then remove the rocker cover and spray a bit of brake fluid over the seals and leave it overnight to cook on oven mark 2 Laughing

seriously though it can sometimes work with dried out seals and so forth as the fluid softens and swells the rubber sealing rings Wink

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Road to recovery part 1! Empty Re: Road to recovery part 1! 9th January 2015, 2:54 pm

paz

Cheers Bob, she's going in tomorrow morning for them to look at next week, so I'll let you know what they find!

9Road to recovery part 1! Empty Re: Road to recovery part 1! 26th January 2015, 9:37 am

paz

Well shes back on the road as of this weekend Smile

At the moment it doesn't seem like (fingers crossed) there was anything serious going on, a general flush and service of everything appears to have fixed it.

Couple of minor things to sort out but otherwise all is fine, good to get back behind the wheel!

10Road to recovery part 1! Empty Re: Road to recovery part 1! 26th January 2015, 10:39 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Well that's awesome news. Did the garage say anything else? Bet you are super happy she's back and running thumbsup

11Road to recovery part 1! Empty Re: Road to recovery part 1! 26th January 2015, 10:53 am

paz

Nothing major, few bits and pieces flagged up in the MOT as advisories but otherwise went straight through Twisted Evil

Going to replace the rear calipers, discs and pads for my own OCD reasons but they're alright for now.

Need new wiper blades and ball joint, otherwise all good thumbsup

Yeah proper over the moon, knew I'd missed her but not this much!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum