Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting back on the road

+2
Gl3nnGTIR
Hardy172cup
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Getting back on the road Empty Getting back on the road 7th November 2014, 9:50 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Hopefully if all goes to plan me ans Darren should have my car back together and ready to go on Saturday.

Might be a bit of a daft question but what do I need to do first to get her back on the road? She needs tax, insurance and MOT.
I know there are some things you can't do without the other, like you need tax to insure it or you need insurance to tax it, I can't remember wich confused

Do I need to MOT it first then tax it then insure it? I'm bloody confused lol

Hopefully if all goes to plan i will be on the road for next week Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2Getting back on the road Empty Re: Getting back on the road 7th November 2014, 10:09 am

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Insure, then MOT, then tax mate

3Getting back on the road Empty Re: Getting back on the road 7th November 2014, 10:12 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

You can insure a car with MOT or without
You can insure a car with Tax or without Tax

You really need tax to insure the car
However the with the new online taxing, you can actually insure and tax a car without MOT.
You can even tax a car without MOT and insurnace.

But you can't legally drive the car on the road without having all 3, MOT, Tax, Insurance.

Confussing, but hope it helps..lol

4Getting back on the road Empty Re: Getting back on the road 7th November 2014, 11:34 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

you got the fork fitted yet bill?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Getting back on the road Empty Re: Getting back on the road 7th November 2014, 2:15 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Oh i thought you cant tax without insurance or mot? And you cant get mot without insurance (driving there)?

6Getting back on the road Empty Re: Getting back on the road 7th November 2014, 3:32 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

GTI-R US wrote:you got the fork fitted yet bill?

Tomorrow if all goes to plan thumbsup

Really I want to tax and insure it first so I can drive to the MOT place legally, if I get MOT first that means driving with no tax or insurance to get my MOT done

7Getting back on the road Empty Re: Getting back on the road 7th November 2014, 4:35 pm

Indy

Bill get the car insured first then phone the garage and book the mot by giving your number plate if u get stopped then the police can confirm you are getting the car mot'd .

After that if they fail it you have 10 days to drive it without tax and mot legally to get the car repaired ect once the mot has passed you can tax it online after about a couple of hours or go directly to the post office with your docs and have it done straight away

For clarification you can not tax a car online without valid mot and insurance .

First you need insurance then mot then once you have valid insurance and valid mot you can then and only then have the car taxed hope this helps

8Getting back on the road Empty Re: Getting back on the road 7th November 2014, 5:03 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Thats what i thought aswell indy

9Getting back on the road Empty Re: Getting back on the road 7th November 2014, 6:46 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks Indy, that helped a lot mate thumbsup

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum