Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back on the road after 10 months

+2
gtir_woody
Thermal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back on the road after 10 months Empty Back on the road after 10 months 3rd July 2016, 8:57 pm

Thermal

Thermal

Just got my car back from Bobs on Saturday, after an unplanned rebuild, then new GT2871R turbo, injectors, MAF, Apexi etc, drove back 90 miles in a monsoon, but drove perfectly, still running-in at present but looking forward to some good power when it goes back to Bobs in a few weeks. He did a quick full power run and it made 422BHP, but he has pulled that back for the remainder of the running in. Although it still pulls like a train and I have only used half throttle.
Must just say though that Bob did a great job, have used him a few times for parts but this was the first time for some work, nice to deal with someone who is straight talking, knows his GTIRs and goes the extra mile to help when he can, well pleased. Need to get some miles on it now before the final oil change and MAP, can't wait.

2Back on the road after 10 months Empty Re: Back on the road after 10 months 3rd July 2016, 9:25 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Awesome news, must be a good feeling getting it back up and driving Smile

3Back on the road after 10 months Empty Re: Back on the road after 10 months 3rd July 2016, 9:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Gkad to hear its up and running sounds like good power also....

4Back on the road after 10 months Empty Re: Back on the road after 10 months 4th July 2016, 4:34 am

kevmc76

kevmc76

Awesome good luck am at the same stage too running in before its off to the mapper

5Back on the road after 10 months Empty Re: Back on the road after 10 months 4th July 2016, 6:45 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Cool ^^ looks like i need to copy your setup lol Thats the power i would like

6Back on the road after 10 months Empty Re: Back on the road after 10 months 4th July 2016, 8:41 pm

Thermal

Thermal

More than willing to give out a few details, but I would wait and see what the final mapping run produces.

7Back on the road after 10 months Empty Re: Back on the road after 10 months 4th July 2016, 11:17 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Chuffed that she's all good Chris (so far anyway lol) and always good when customers leave with a smile on their face : )

As said once she has a few miles on her pop back and il
map her at full power then she what it can do.
Similar to the Dutch red car we recently did belonging to Sven, the car makes power so easily and it really does pull hard even at lowered boost level.

From memory going back few years, I really dont remember the older versions of these new generation 2871s pulling as hard, which is also reflected by power they are making on dyno compared to older variety which always were a struggle to get anything over 400hp.  

With the very dubious negative feedback regarding myself and my horrendous service of late it's nice to hear some positives especially from the last 3 Gtir's we have  done which "dare I say" are all so far problem free.

We sold Chris a used forged engine around Xmas (not built by us i might add) which Chris had only just got round to fitting prior to getting car delivered to us for power upgrade and fitting of supporting parts.
However unknown to us at time the car suffered overheating issues and head gasket blew. On removal of the head it was found that cylinder wall on no1 cylinder was damaged so we removed the engine and rebuilt it for him at no charge other than cost of new hg, we re-used  the wossner  pistons, crank etc just basically rehoused the lot in another good honed / checked block.

Now is that the sign of  a low life robbing ****
as I've been called recently by a select few............

Thanks for the honest feedback Chris and see you in a few weeks time ; )

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content