Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuel

+3
nomad
johnboy
Samgtir
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fuel  Empty Fuel 31st August 2014, 2:38 pm

Samgtir

Hi all

I mistakenly put around £7 worth of standard fuel in my pulsar and the toped it back up with the good stuff, I now having a problem where the car judders when you put the foot down and then eventually come to a stop and wount fire up, it's almost like their is a blockage. I've have the fuel filter off and checked the sparks. Any ideas out their ?

2Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 3:43 pm

johnboy

johnboy

I know mine isn't a highly tuned R, but I've put standard fuel in it several time (getting old and forgetful...) and don't really notice any difference. It seems unlikely that a little bit of low octane fuel can make that sort of difference so I wonder if anything else changed at the same time.. Unless it was diesel..

3Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 3:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ok explain abit more .... so whats it doing now ..... it will turn over but not fire .... do you have a spark is there petrol coming up ..... ???? Whats been done to the car ie mapped maf fuel pump ecu etc ....was the car really low on fuel ???

4Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 3:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im was wondering the same john .....

5Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 5:22 pm

Samgtir

The car is standard and only has a hks filter on it, I was coming back from the shop and put the foot down a little bit and the car just started juddering as if their was no fuel , about a mile further is got worse and just stopped, it the wouldn't start at all just kept turning over but no fire, after 5 mins it's started and I drove a mile home.

I left the car running on the drive for 30 mins thinking it would push the cheaper fuel through (bp standard) I then took it out again and the same thing happend and I found myself on the side of the road. It feels like a choke is on if that makes sense , I can get the car to tick over perfectly but can't put the power down or she just gives in

6Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 6:10 pm

johnboy

johnboy

It might have gone in to 'limp home mode' for some reason - a big boost leak or something like that.
Check all the plumbing joints etc.
Also have look at the ecu codes, see if there's anything else wrong.
There's a list on here somewhere but can't find it at the mo.

7Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 6:25 pm

Samgtir

How do I check ecu codes?

8Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 6:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t81-ecu-fault-code-check

9Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 6:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Above link mate .... report back with your findings ..... ideally your looking for code 55 ..... is it smoking or anything ...... does it cut out altogether like you took the battery off ???

10Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 6:31 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Thanks Nomad - knew you'd know the link.. well done

11Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 6:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol am i that predictable .... the link is on this section in a sticky mate ....

12Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 6:55 pm

Samgtir

I will give that a go tomorrow lads thanks, it just cuts out almost like the engine is flooded . Wount let me put the power down without it juddering

13Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 7:41 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Fuel pump?

14Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 7:59 pm

Samgtir

Is their a test for that?

15Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 31st August 2014, 8:17 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Also remove the dizzy cap to make sure rotor arm has not spun on the shaft, this is more common than you think as grub screw can work loose

It won't be the fuel that's a certainty unless of course you had put diesel in it

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

16Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 1st September 2014, 6:04 am

Samgtir

Been reading about knock sensors and it sounds very much like this could be affecting the fuel ratio etc, what do we think guys?

17Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 1st September 2014, 6:12 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Do a fault code check and it will tell you

Everyone to there own but i would not be boosting on 95 ron fuel untill i knew it was well though the sytem with 97

18Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 1st September 2014, 10:46 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

As said a fault code check first det sensor is 34 iirc ... it could possibly be that ... not fun to do though lol ....

19Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 1st September 2014, 12:21 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

First thing to my mind is intercooler pipes. Check all pipes are securely on and not split.
Also check all nipples are on the bottom of the throttle bodies and that the small hoses are all still conected and not split or weathered.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

20Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 1st September 2014, 12:22 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Also check the afm plug hasnt worked loose or corroded inside.

21Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 1st September 2014, 1:23 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

sams just stopped off here (in a different car)
what he forgot to mention was that he had just after been in a jet blaster car wash Laughing

so you can more than likely guess what the problem will be as his troubles started just after

22Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 1st September 2014, 1:30 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Water in the pug holes lol

23Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 1st September 2014, 2:17 pm

Samgtir

Ok just an update , I stopped off at bobs as you can all tell, and I have cleaned and dried air filter and sensor I also clean and dried the spark plugs and the spark system, now the car started with the intercooler off and as soon as I put it back on it gave me a tasty DC shock while holding the intercooler. It never did this before , once it was back on it cut out , any ideas?

24Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 1st September 2014, 2:32 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

the ht lead from the coil is either split or wet inside and spark is tracking across there to underside of intercooler
unplug the lead from the coil and distributor dry the coil out thoroughly where it plugs in and at dizzy end too and check for any splits in the lead itself

25Fuel  Empty Re: Fuel 1st September 2014, 3:11 pm

Samgtir

I will give that a go, I didn't notice any obvious tear or splits before , but I shouldn't be getting a shock off it , strange how it runs with the intercooler of tho

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum