Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

US fuel

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1US fuel Empty US fuel 24th April 2015, 5:55 pm

toaster55

toaster55

alright guys, i 'm in the US at the mo with work, I was filling up my enormous yank tank with gas and noticed Shell V power is only 91 octane! now i thought, that wouldn't run my lawnmower at home so how the hell is a gtir gonna run out here with shit fuel available. unless ignition is so far retarded, they would run shit wouldn't they?

2US fuel Empty Re: US fuel 24th April 2015, 6:33 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

They must have other high octane fuels.
The sr20det has a huge following in the US.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3US fuel Empty Re: US fuel 24th April 2015, 7:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

They calculate the rating different ....

4US fuel Empty Re: US fuel 24th April 2015, 9:09 pm

toaster55

toaster55

nomad wrote:They calculate the rating different ....
ahh that'll explain it then. i'll have to see what the differance is....... just had a look on wikipedia and it says they use a differant system and that i need to and beetween 4-6 octane points to make up differance. so v-power is actually beetween 95-97 ron which is still a bit worse, but better than i first thought.

5US fuel Empty Re: US fuel 24th April 2015, 11:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You can also buy race fuel at the pumps in some states ....

6US fuel Empty Re: US fuel 24th April 2015, 11:22 pm

toaster55

toaster55

not gonna put that in my ford expedition! way too good for it lol. gonna be treated to cheap regular gas for $2.99 a gallon, and it makes my pulsar look economical with a 13mpg consumption! Thank fuck i'm not paying the fuel bill

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum