Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

coil overs

+4
FPSChris
GTI-R US
pulsarmoley
richpulsar
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1coil overs Empty coil overs 24th August 2014, 9:17 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Just been browsing fleabay and stumbled across 2 sets of tien ha fully adjustable coilovers for £550 in newcastle, just wondering if anyone knows if they are any good for road use and if £550 for 2 sets was good as there is slight damage to one of the rear top mounts on one set and on the other set one of the rods has snapped... though looks like there are no leaks or other problems and can make a very good set out of them and have the other set for spare parts.

Also how easy/hard are they to fit/set up as I need slightly more ride height.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271577377807?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Theres the link

2coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 24th August 2014, 9:23 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

If it was me Rich for that kind of money I would spent a bit more and get a brand new set

3coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 24th August 2014, 9:27 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Fair enough, have seen a set of D2's on there for £630 so may go for a set of them instead then, I just need something that is fully adjustable and not so low as already fitted

4coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 24th August 2014, 10:01 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

We've got a really good set of leads soon for sale or have a set of d2 chilies in good condition
Also agents for bc where you can specify spring rates from new at no extra charge
Check the thread in trader section

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 24th August 2014, 10:10 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Ok bob shall speak to you about that tuesday as will pick those rims up. cheers mate

6coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 24th August 2014, 10:26 pm

FPSChris

FPSChris

teins are hard, even on the softest setting - Mine are super streets with the in car adjustment on soft.
I've had to take mine off and fit gabs, seems much better over the bumpy roads.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

7coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 24th August 2014, 10:28 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

I have gabs already on whiteline lowering springs and its not hard but way too low for on the road and when I go round roundabouts or abit of hard cornering the outside wheel scrapes the wheelarch so really just need something fully adjustable

8coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 24th August 2014, 10:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Plus the early ha's cant be rebuilt so once they are gone thats your lot and cost 493 gbp per pair to replace i know as have enquired for my son in law ...

9coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 24th August 2014, 10:59 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Fair enough, I think my gabs are abit shot as feel abit soft

10coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 6:12 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

BCs can be ok if choose sensible spring rates for road use & about the cheapest decent option for new.
Decent GABs are hard to beat for daily road use, just an issue that they all rather old so hit & miss on how good & what life left in them.
If you have/get decent GAB's you can get custom springs made from springcoil.co.uk to get ride height/spring rate as you want ...

* That Tien double set been floating on eBay for a while now, I would take a guess that it would be a waste of £550 .

11coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 10:29 am

That's my set on eBay that's also the eBay price which includes PayPal ect fees would do them cheaper outside eBay
Though as I mentioned in the message you would be better using your gabs for road use

12coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 4:50 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Ok, well I need more height on my car as its just too low on the front as it is

13coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 5:17 pm

GTIR James

I run teins on the road & don't rate them. They are way to hard for road use. You would be much better off getting some top end collies of bob if he has any. Wouldn't bother with teins or d2s

14coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 5:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Do you need some standard springs rich ?

15coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 5:52 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Don't know what I need to be honest mate, Either some diff lowering springs not sure how lowered it is id say 60/70mm or some coil overs

16coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 6:26 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Can't be whiteline springs then as they don't drop it much, about 30mm.
Spax drops about 60mm front - 40mm rear.
Could be an idea to check condition of your gabs & if seem good get some different springs. Springcoil.co.uk can make custom set based from current ones to gain extra height required & adjust spring rates if desired.

17coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 6:45 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Well according to guy i got it from its on whiteline springs, now I'm starting to wonder if the gabs are the problem either knackered or something although they arent leaking...

18coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 7:16 pm

Pretty sure white line springs were a 40mm drop
What colour are your springs rich?

19coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 8:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Only way to find out is take the spring off and push the rod up and down see what resistance there is ....

20coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 8:42 pm

Maybe also worth getting the alignment checked

21coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 8:46 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

See i always thought whiteline done 70front /30 or 40 rear

22coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 8:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Spax do 70 front ... 30 rear whiteline are 40 front and 30 rear .... iirc

23coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 9:48 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

I honestly couldnt tell you what colour they are mate as havent really looked, all I do is drive and clean the thing I'm off to bobs tomorrow for some new rims as my rear left is shot also know the alignment needs doing as havent had it done since I'v own car so thats just over 2 and half years so will get that done tomorrow aswell

24coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 10:17 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

There's a place round corner from me that's just opened and has hawk hunter alignment, just had my gtr set up there the other day but your cars alignment isn't the problem rich, I reckon those front struts are fooked fella

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

25coil overs Empty Re: coil overs 25th August 2014, 10:43 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Yea thats where I was going to take it mate and regards the struts I'm beginning to think the same as it doesnt sit right

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum