Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Timing coil no. 1 loop

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Timing coil no. 1 loop Empty Timing coil no. 1 loop 16th June 2016, 9:10 am

burrows1980

burrows1980

Hi,

Came across this info:

http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/sr_setup_tips.shtml

It mentions about a loop of cable in the main loom that can be used for the timing gun for coil 1, is this the same on our cars?

I'm going back to the top mount, my timing gun has a large (ish) clamp used for the HT leads, can't get it on with top mount on.  I have made up a pipe that replaces the top mount while timing, but if there is s cable loop in the loom that would be a better option!

Also, downloaded scan tech Nissan from Mr B's links, I've currently got my pulley set on the first line 5, am I right in thinking my cps is correct as the software showed this as 5 when I hooked it up yesterday?

Timing coil no. 1 loop 4D5C2857-213A-44AF-8808-81A412DC3172_zpsuxc8btmi

Only noticed it after I'd locked the garage up, wondered if I rotated the pulley to last mark it would show 20 in the software? If so does this mean timing is bang on?

Gaz

2Timing coil no. 1 loop Empty Re: Timing coil no. 1 loop 16th June 2016, 7:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

No, our ignition differs from s13 s14 they referring to
All you confirming so far between crank pulley marks and ecu data is that they appear calibrated. Best checking base timing set at 20deg or couple deg less pending on fuel octane quality you got via timing gun ...

3Timing coil no. 1 loop Empty Re: Timing coil no. 1 loop 16th June 2016, 7:53 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Got 15ltrs of Shell V Power (99ron) today, hoping to start it Sunday all being well.  New Chain tensioner turned up today few other pieces to tie up then good to go!!

4Timing coil no. 1 loop Empty Re: Timing coil no. 1 loop 17th June 2016, 6:51 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Turning key on new build is as close as us males get to giving birth :-P
Get mum & your new nissan apprentice in the garage to witness the mechanical birth of your baby-zilla ...

5Timing coil no. 1 loop Empty Re: Timing coil no. 1 loop 17th June 2016, 7:01 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

yoursofunny i remember many moments of a fresh build and a turning of the key its a very nerve racking moment ....

6Timing coil no. 1 loop Empty Re: Timing coil no. 1 loop 17th June 2016, 7:41 am

burrows1980

burrows1980

I'm going to film the startup, even if it fails in spectacular fashion I'll post it up here Laughing

Need to buy a new battery first, the Exide premium battery that bought 4 - 5 years ago not holding charge, think it's only ever seen 100 miles if that Laughing need to get one of them battery optimiser charge things for the next one!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322148978359

7Timing coil no. 1 loop Empty Re: Timing coil no. 1 loop 17th June 2016, 8:03 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Batteries do like use (I've ruined odd car & AA batts from minimal use :-( ), standing idle with mininal charge cycles & long states of low charge causes lot of sulphur build up and big loss in capacity. Buy cheaper lead acid batteries and stay away from calcium ones. some cheaper ones still do 3 or 4 years & can be close half price of better brands if shop about so can do battery twice for same outlay.
Powerline are pretty good lower cost brand & british company & british made I believe, you should have a big battery supplier not far away, is one in wales but don't recall the name .
Hope your daughter likes her new baby brother lol . good luck ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum