Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

D2 Race suspension VS Tien race suspension

+4
nomad
gtir_woody
Mr B
Bandyleg
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Hey guys, Just wondering on opinions.. Car currently has fully adjustable Tien suspension on it.. I also have a rear set of D2's pictured below,

So its a question of selling the tiens or the d2's but i just dont know!!

D2 Race suspension VS Tien race suspension  12483612

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

sell d2's .
you not got full d2 set then !?

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Mr B wrote:sell d2's .
you not got full d2 set then !?

Nah just got the two rears, come with the car when i bought it, the guy was gonna put d2's on it as he didnt like tiens....

If I sell these it will just put money towards my rebuild. bounce015

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

d2's probably worse than tiens pending on what model tiens you got. most of coilovers have same issues unless spend some effort on ordering better rate springs & setting heights etc at sensible range.

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

I will be taking it to get set up correctly to be honest. Engines I can get my head round but suspension I cant even get my air shock right on mountain bike Smile

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Agreed ^ Depending on the model of Teins you have I would be getting rid of the D2's. Do the Teins have the height adjustable lower mounts like the D2's? or post some pics of them Smile

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Bit late in the evening for pics... Been out on the bike and walking the pooches. Anyways the Tiens are fully adjustable and they have top mount adjusters as well for the angle of the shock. I will try and get some decent pictures together as the car has quite a bit done to it, I just need to figure out exactly what.

So I guess the last question is anyone want some D2's Laughing

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

The teins sound like the newer model ones so good choice Smile

Last edited by gtir_woody on 10th January 2016, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah as the older ones cannot be rebuilt if i remember right....

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ The older ones without the height adjustable mounts?

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im not sure woody i just remember the older tiens cannot be rebuilt ... as my son in law tried to get hes rebuilt and couldnt ...

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah not sure either. I think these are similar to the ones im thinking about that don't have the adjustable mounts. I had similar on my R when I brought it and they were quite old.

D2 Race suspension VS Tien race suspension  Image

mc_hawkings24

Not sure but do you mean tein superstreets?

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

I think I best get some pics of these shocks. Ill see what I can do tonight after work. Excuse my ignorance on this but I assume the pic you uploaded Woody is a front shock.. Not had mine apart and no point me trying to compare to the wrong strut lol

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Im pretty sure its the front one but not from a gtir mate, they will look similar, I just wanted to use the photo to show what I thought was the older model teins Smile

shroom

shroom

A lot of the teins I see for the R have the helper springs. Some are HA some are super street there are quite a few variants.

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Well I think im gonna have to do some digging, I hate not knowing what's on my car. I guess in time I will know all.

Thanks for all the info and as I say I will try get those images tonight.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Tein superstreets as far as im aware are single spring these are the later versions made for road and track but other more track orientated sets are available which have different codes / numbers.
The Tein HA series (predecessor to superstreets) were fitted with a helper spring and were mainly designed for track use only.

They imo are all better than D2 which are about as bad as you can get with build quality and aftermarket back up which is why we chose to be agents for BC coilovers as their customer back is good and their product is better made than the others of similar price range on the market.
We have sold many sets and from feedback everyone appears to be happy with what they have bought and as of yet we have not had one comeback with a faulty item being sent.

So in a nutshell I would keep the Teins if they are all good and ditch the d2s

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

mc_hawkings24

I have tein superstreet and they stopped making them in 2008 according to the tein rep. I had one rebuilt at £235 2months ago but i had a new piston at £40 and £40 of extras, bumpstop, bootcover, shim and new spring seat. Probably get it down to £150 a piece if its just seals that need changing.

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

affraid Holy Hell at that price you may as well almost buy bloody new!! That's crazy cash money dude especially for something that's not made anymore! Im glad I started asking questions..

Now where did I put my camera thinking

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats the joy having anything japanese you can always triple the price ...

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

GTI-R US wrote:
They imo are all better than D2 which are about as bad as you can get with build quality and aftermarket back up which is why we chose to be agents for BC coilovers as their customer back is good and their product is better made than the others of similar price range on the market.
We have sold many sets and from feedback everyone appears to be happy with what they have bought and as of yet we have not had one comeback with a faulty item being sent.

Just had a look at the cost of the BC coil overs and surprisingly not badly priced at all, in-fact if I had to rebuild the tiens at that price I would actually be able to afford a set of the BC and a full suspension bloody set up (Depending on the model of BC's)

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

nomad wrote:Thats the joy having anything japanese  you can always triple the price ...

IM not sure how true this is... If you own a newish German motor then your wallet may as well be left at the counter of the local dealership along with the title deeds to your house. Ive always found jap parts reasonable but model dependent. The shocks really aint (Jap) they are Tien and its Tien that make up the re build prices, Parts, Labor, consumables.. it adds up. but it does start to show why the world is becoming a throw away society when its cheaper to buy new than it is to repair/rebuild.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well i own both and to be honest parts for german parts are a lot cheaper as i do all the work myself ....

mc_hawkings24

My teins looked very new when the car came here last year and was surprised when i rang up that they were old. As mine were good rather than buy chinese i'd rebuild the teins.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum