Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

cutting out when driving normally

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1cutting out when driving normally Empty cutting out when driving normally 11th June 2014, 4:49 am

gtirprobs

hi guys
the other day i was driving along and my r started to randomly cut out and then come back on again, this has happened once before took to my mech and he showed me that my blowoff is sucking in air
clearly i need a new one but would this have anything to do with it cutting out?

2cutting out when driving normally Empty Re: cutting out when driving normally 11th June 2014, 6:25 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Have you checked the battery terminal.... has it been relocated ? ...

3cutting out when driving normally Empty Re: cutting out when driving normally 11th June 2014, 6:37 am

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

I personally think not, i would take the dump off and blank it off for the minute and see what that does but i cant see it causing to cut out whilst driving, as nomad said try battery and plugs etc like Air flow meter etc to make sure plugged in properly

4cutting out when driving normally Empty Re: cutting out when driving normally 11th June 2014, 6:46 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Driving slow ? It could if its sucking air in unmonitored at slow speeds in traffic etc could well be stalling engine. Do the lights come on on dash or nothing ie like battery related.
Two things battery if still using the standard plug wher it joins just after terminal
Second fuel pump playin up

5cutting out when driving normally Empty Re: cutting out when driving normally 12th June 2014, 4:56 am

gtirprobs

it happened to me once before when i was driving on the motorway aswell, i replaced the airflow meter, but havent checked any plugs yet.im currently outta town just trying to figure out what it could be.
when im driving through town normally it will have maybe 3 random cut outs not far apart from each like 5 sec apart. then it wont happen then it will do again.
my fuel gage randomly drops to e when im driving sometimes aswell you think it could be fuel pump?
no lights coming on indiccating a problem so yeah ?

6cutting out when driving normally Empty Re: cutting out when driving normally 12th June 2014, 9:35 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds like you you could have a wiring problem heading towards the tank as sender and pump are seperate maybe an earth problem have you cleaned all the earths up ????

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum