Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Less power sometimes driving

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Less power sometimes driving Empty Less power sometimes driving 23rd January 2017, 7:38 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Just a quick query about my car

Sometimes I jump into it and it's got full power, nice load deep engine note and plenty of poke, and other times it's abit quieter less power??

Sometimes if you drive her hard whilst she's abit low on power a few knows down the road she's back to normal

It's not a lot of power different I don't mean safe mode or anything just you can tell a difference sometimes, does anyone have an idea of what it could be, fuel? Actuator? Fuel pressure reg?

Currently running nistune ecu, gt28rs tubby, sytec fuel reg, Evo injectors, Walbro pump, forge actuator

The only good thing at the moment is I'm not pushing her, getting her to hot, gearbox isn't going to blow up or anything but it's nice to know why it does this, been doing it for 2 years now

Cheers Tom

2Less power sometimes driving Empty Re: Less power sometimes driving 23rd January 2017, 7:58 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Is it boosting OK when you loose power?

3Less power sometimes driving Empty Re: Less power sometimes driving 23rd January 2017, 8:01 pm

mike74

mike74

Any fault codes? Could be a slightly geriatric knock sensor kicking in when it's not supposed to. When that happens it's like the engines all noise and not much go...

4Less power sometimes driving Empty Re: Less power sometimes driving 23rd January 2017, 9:16 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Does boost ok just not the full beans

As you say Mike it's noisy but not much to, or not as much as I know shes got

Would it be worth getting it smoke tested for any leaks?? Would that be an issue?

I've got a spare knock sensor here could try it this week

5Less power sometimes driving Empty Re: Less power sometimes driving 23rd January 2017, 9:49 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Got any gauges on ? Something retarding ignition ? Sounds like a few dyno runs would not go a miss mate

6Less power sometimes driving Empty Re: Less power sometimes driving 23rd January 2017, 10:26 pm

mike74

mike74

I think if you'd a leak it would run like crap all the time Sad

7Less power sometimes driving Empty Re: Less power sometimes driving 24th January 2017, 2:25 pm

mc_hawkings24

I get random hesitation now and then but accelerate and its ok but slow down and it gets hesitant again.

8Less power sometimes driving Empty Re: Less power sometimes driving 24th January 2017, 6:14 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Yeah Johnny thinking the same this summer, I'll change knock sensor anyways

9Less power sometimes driving Empty Re: Less power sometimes driving 14th February 2017, 10:04 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Changed knock sensor, car seems better but just in case I'm gonna so a fault code check to see if there's any thing else coming up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum