Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random cutting out or dying

+3
pulsarmoley
ROB_IOW
Darrooon
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Random cutting out or dying  Empty Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 8:13 pm

Darrooon

Darrooon

Car keeps dying on me and I don't know why, whether I'm driving hard or just taking it easy and it's really starting to piss me off now. I'll be driving along and next minute the engine starts dying on me no power at all drop a gear and still nothing pull over at a safe point and soon as I put the clutch in the car stalls and won't restart till about 10-15 minutes later then she dies again 5 mins later driving or just idling.

Any my help would be appreciated

2Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 8:18 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Fuel pump is my guess. . Over heating and seizing up

3Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 8:20 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome to the forum, sounds like it could also be a coil pack failing?

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

4Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 8:23 pm

Darrooon

Darrooon

Cheers, will check over fuel pump on the weekend, coil pack ?

5Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 8:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

When you say dying .... is there no power when it starts doing it mate ..... like going into safe mode ?

6Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 8:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You can ohm test the coil to check it ..... there is a diagram in the useful diagram section under my name ...

7Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 8:39 pm

Darrooon

Darrooon

Yeah pretty much like everything is slowly shutting down, had the rac man out and he said the spark looked a little delayed but not much and put it down to CAS

8Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 8:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It could be all the time the clutch is driving the engine its keeping it ticking over .... what mods etc do you have .... is it standard ecu ?

9Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 9:05 pm

Darrooon

Darrooon

Fmic, Ali rad, rc 750cc, 255 pump, turbo back mongoose, tubular mani, gt3071r, metal head gasket, apex power FC + hand commander recently had new plugs and leads, starter motor, alternator

10Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 9:16 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ive just had the same problem night before last, But min wouldn't restart... It was getting no fuel so took fuel pump out & put it in a bucket of fuel & directly wired to battery, it was priming & turning over but not pumping any fuel threw... So maybe worth checking

11Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 9:17 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

As said on phone the other day
Check the fuel pump and the filter sock as I suspect that may be blocking the fuel from entering the bump when coming on boost and you requiring more fuel so pumps cutting, check that first

Could also be a fault with the Clifford control box but I would try swapping the easy bits first then see how you go

Btw welcome to the forum   Smile

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 9:25 pm

Darrooon

Darrooon

Will defo check fuel pump on the weekend and maybe try disconnect the Clifford if have time, cheers bob

13Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 9:29 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Im wondering if my fuel pump has been dodgy for a while & was pushing to much fuel pressure threw & that's why I was running rich? & now its finaly given up. Guess ill only find out when I fit a new 1

14Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 9:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There is a how too .... with regards to fuel pump removel and fitting .... its a pretty easy job ....

15Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 9:42 pm

Darrooon

Darrooon

Probably a stupid question my battery is in the boot should I disconnect it when checking the pump ?

16Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 9:47 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I would just to be safe mate yeh

17Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 10:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I would ..... although you have to unplug the fuel pump and sender think abs sensor plug before you undo the tank anyway .... hopefully you havent got a full tank of fuel ....

18Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 10:28 pm

Darrooon

Darrooon

Just under half lol

19Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 10:32 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

He's not removing the tank Leighton just the fuel pump from the tank

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

20Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 10:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I meant undoing the tank as in the top plastic ring and centre piece with the pipes on ...

21Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 10:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Reason i said about the fuel is sticking your hand in there ....

22Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 11:04 pm

Darrooon

Darrooon

Gloves it is then

23Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 13th May 2014, 11:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You wont need gloves ... its suprisingly cold ... did you put your previous pump in ?

24Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 14th May 2014, 4:44 pm

Darrooon

Darrooon

No was already in

25Random cutting out or dying  Empty Re: Random cutting out or dying 30th May 2014, 4:40 pm

Darrooon

Darrooon

Finally sourced the problem and it was the maf sensor replaced it runs sweet as a nut  cheers 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum