Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fault code check not working???

+5
buckym120
nomad
Bones
ROB_IOW
Hardy172cup
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Fault code check not working??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 24th April 2014, 5:22 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think Ive found out why the fault code check it's working!

The fuse for "engine control" has blown. I've got a feeling it will blow again if I replace it because it had a 15 amp fuse in it instead of a 10 amp fuse so looks like somebody has put a higher rating fuse in to try to stop it blowing fuses.

I noticed half the fuses in the car are the wrong rating, there were a few 15 amp fuses where there should be 10 amp fuses Rolling Eyes

52Fault code check not working??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 24th April 2014, 5:23 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I'll put a 10 amp in and see what happens and I will report back

53Fault code check not working??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 24th April 2014, 5:35 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I've sorted that out, it's doing the fault code check now Smile unfortunately though when I did it, the piece of metal I sussed to bridge the 2 pins snagged when I pulled it out and I accidentally cleared the codes before I got chance to read them! Rolling Eyes
I'll have to run it for a bit and then fault code check it again lol

54Fault code check not working??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 24th April 2014, 8:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I put a rocker  switch into mine with two wires bridging the pins that way i only have to flick the switch and bammmm shes fault finding ....

55Fault code check not working??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 24th April 2014, 8:17 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I find a pair of tweezers does the trick nicely but a toggle switch is a brilliant idea Leighton

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

56Fault code check not working??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 24th April 2014, 8:22 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yeah I'm liking the title switch idea, makes things nice and easy. Darren's given me a little peice of metal to use on mine that's the perfect size so I'll just keep that in my ashtray from now on  thumbsup 

57Fault code check not working??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 24th April 2014, 8:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I used to keep a paper clip in my ashtray but since i carved it up to fit my boost controller i thought i best do something else .... hence the switch  Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum