Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fault code check not working???

+5
buckym120
nomad
Bones
ROB_IOW
Hardy172cup
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Fault code check not working??? Empty Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 8:42 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I have tried doing the fault code check today and I can't get it to work  confused 
I know I'm doing it right because we checked it on Darren's car nd it worked right away, so why in the hell would it not be working on my car?  when we try it the engine management light just stays lit and doesn't start flashing at all  Suspect 

Has anyone ever had this problem before and does anyone have any ideas how I could get the fault code check to work??

2Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 8:44 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Never done it in 14 years ...

Mine would prob show all sorts of faults

Then again i now have a power fc . can you do it on a power fc?

3Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:27 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Is that a power fat cock ???

4Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:29 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think you have to go to a special clinic to falt check one of those Laughing

5Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Have you checked that the wires are in the back of the plug you never no ...

6Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:31 pm

buckym120

buckym120

I've heard you have to do it a different way on Sr models....lol

7Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:32 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I did think that mate, I can see the wires going to it but maybe they have come out of the plug lol I'll check it tomorrow

8Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:33 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

buckym120 wrote:I've heard you have to do it a different way on Sr models....lol

Feck off it's not a bloody micra  Mad lol

9Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:35 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Bones wrote: a power fat cock ???
never thought about calling it that

10Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:36 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Hardy172cup wrote:
buckym120 wrote:I've heard you have to do it a different way on Sr models....lol

Feck off it's not a bloody micra  Mad lol

We know . micras are more powerful

11Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:38 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Lol

Silly question but which way is the plug mounted some were inserted upside down (not a piss take, I read it on the how to guide somewhere)

12Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:40 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

This is getting ridicules now! Next RR day I'm whacking the fooker up to 2bar LaughingLaughingLaughing

I compared the plug to Darren's and it is the right way round. It's odd how it wouldn't work  Suspect 

13Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:44 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Hardy172cup wrote:This is getting ridicules now! Next RR day I'm whacking the fooker up to 2bar LaughingLaughingLaughing 

Andit will go pop and you'll make even less power ...  Very Happy 

14Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:46 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Yeah but zero is less embarrassing than 188 lol

15Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:48 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Well in that case I will shoehorn a GTR engine in it Razz Razz Razz

16Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:50 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Just don't bob to fit and tune it .  Cool 

17Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:52 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

There's nothing wrong with bobs backwards boost adjustments, just keeps things nice and safe that's all Laughing he will never live down turning that bleed valve the wrong way lol!

18Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:54 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Bit worrying though mate if your doing it right and it's still not working. Anyone near you with consult who can plug it in or any mates with a greaddy infometre or similar

19Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah that is true bucky i remember seeing it somewhere too ...get a tester to it an make sure that your getting 12v to the ign terminal ...

20Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:57 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Not that I know of mate. I know what you mean it's rather worrying that the fault code check wouldn't work. I'll check the wires are in the plug properly, infact I'll go check it now

21Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 9:58 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

nomad wrote:Yeah that is true bucky i remember seeing it somewhere too ...get a tester to it an make sure that your getting 12v to the ign terminal ...

What do you mean by that mate? Is it something I can check myself or do I need someone with some kind of special device to check it

22Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:08 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I can't check the wires are in the back of the plug because I can't seam to get it to come off its holder

23Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:15 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Thought it wasn't working when I tried it at the RR day for you, but I just thought the wire I used was at fault?

24Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:16 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I just put a multimeter to those two pins and it reads 3.5mv don't know if that means anything?

25Fault code check not working??? Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:18 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I really should not put ideas in your head lol but is your ecu standard ? 
Loom going to it ok near the ecu itsself ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum