Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fault code check not working???

+5
buckym120
nomad
Bones
ROB_IOW
Hardy172cup
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:23 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I'm sure it's a standard ecu but I have never actually looked at it to check

27Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:26 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Long shot but woundered if wires in loom near ecu were spliced or cut or damaged or a crazy chip in ecu stopping fault code working

28Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The ignition pin should be 12v ....

29Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:33 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Leighton your going to have to dumb this down for me abit lol, what do you mean by ignition pins? Are they pins on the fault check plug thingy or do you mean the wires going to the ignition barrel? I'm really no good at stuff like this mate, it's all new to me

30Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:36 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

If his multimeter has big pins might struggle to get a reading from the plug how big are the holes. Or how close are the bits of metal to the front of plug ?

31Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:39 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think the multimeter went in ok, I was getting 3.5mv between the two fault check pins which certainly isn't 12v. If Darren's kind he might let me try his ecu just incase it is some dodgey chip making the fault code not work

32Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I have a different/chipped ecu  and mine still works fine .... what i meant was dont bridge the pins .... check with the multimeter the ign pin in the plug to make sure  it has volts if it has none then obviously make sure the wires are present and correct also check the plug is in the right way up so volt meter the bottom corner where the ign pin would be if the whole plug was in the other way round if that makes sense ????

33Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:54 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Just to clarify I stick the multimeter probes in the two pins that you would bridge to do the fault code check? I'm getting a bit confused here lol

I'm sure the plug is the right way round because I compared the plug to Darren's and his is fitted the same way and his fault code checks fine

34Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:55 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

In other words I put my two multimeter probes in the two top right pins??

If so I did that and I get 3.5mv so their is a voltage but only small

35Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 10:58 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

And im struggling to check the wires in the back of the plug because I cant get the damn thing to come off its holder withou snapping it, I can't figure out how it comes off

36Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 11:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Back the fook up lol ....not the two pins just the ign pin with the multi meter .... your obsessed with two pins lol .... if you have no power in that pin it wont work bridging them over ...

37Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 11:12 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Ahh I get you, now I know this is going to sound really really stupid but if I put my multimeter probe in the ign pin, where to I stick the other probe lol do I put it to the chassis or something? I'm not an experienced multimeter user but I do need to use both probes to get a reading right?

Sorry I'm dragging this out mate but I really haven't got a fookin clue what I'm doing Laughing

38Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 11:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yes mate ground the black probe  to the chasis i normaly chuck it on the door hinge bolt  or similar if im working in that area ....

39Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 11:28 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I get it now lol you see why I was obsessed with two pins now Laughing I knew the ground probe neaded to go somewhere.

I'll nip out now and check to see if it's getting a voltage and I'll report back

40Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 11:30 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

It should still read even if it's a chipped ecu
Darren's is chipped and that's reading ok

As Leighton said........the plug may be arse about face, some are so check the voltage on the top 2 right connectors on his car to see if they give the same reading, if not then check live feed is live
Can't remember which one it is but one of them should be 12v

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

41Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 11:36 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

It dosent look asif the ignition pin is getting any voltage.
If I set my multimeter to the very lowest setting it get -1.2mv which I'm guessing isn't right?

42Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 11:41 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It should be the very top right is the ign pin .... what i would suggest is go to your  battery check that you have the right setting on the multimeter so it reads 12.4 off the battery ... meter should be set to v and on 20 that will give you the correct settings ...

43Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 22nd April 2014, 11:47 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Ye I had it on the right settings and on the right pin and it read naff all. I tried putting it on a lower settings just to see if it read anything and I got -1.2 lol

I'm thinking that that ignition pin (top right) is not connected up properly for some reason so I'm going to have to investigate it further tomorrow because it's too late to go out there playing about with the car now.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll let you know how I get on with it tomorrow

44Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 23rd April 2014, 6:16 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

As for your tps . You disconnect the plug and check resistance . It has to be summit like .50 .
Then what you do is undo screws slightly and rotate / move
Until you get the correct reading on your multi meter
I'll text cambeju of the gtiroc .

He's top geek when it comes to shit like this ..

45Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 23rd April 2014, 8:35 am

Turbazz

Does your engine light stay on?  Disconnect the battery for a few minutes then connect it again. Might reset it?  Just get it plugged in a proper diagnostic. It might have froze. Who Knows it might reset itself and everything could be okay. No misfire lol

46Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 23rd April 2014, 11:25 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Does anyone kno how to get this diagnosis plug off it's holder so I can check the wires all go into it correctly? I've tried wiggling it, pulling it, poking it with screw drivers but I can't for the life of me get it off without breaking it.
I know it must come off somehow but I can't figure out how it unclips lol

47Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 23rd April 2014, 4:48 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Hammer

48Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 23rd April 2014, 4:51 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I could just rip it off put there's got to be a way to unclip it.
I'm fookin useless with these clips ands stuff, I just end up getting frustrated and breaking them so ive left it lol.

49Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 23rd April 2014, 5:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

theres a locking bit of plastic in centre of it, press it in hard with a small screw driver and pull it at same time and it will come off the metal bracket

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

50Fault code check not working??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fault code check not working??? 23rd April 2014, 5:50 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I'll try and fathom it bob, like I said I crap with these plastic clips!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum