Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conversion Project to full GTIR

+13
Bones
pulsarmoley
Hardy172cup
Andy Sunny Gti
Digitalfaze
Mr B
ROB_IOW
PartyPete
GTI-R US
nomad
Gl3nnGTIR
johnny gtir
Jibonk786
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:11 pm

Jibonk786

Hello everyone,

Well this is my first post on this forum so bare with me if i make any mistakes etc. Thanks!

I have a problem of being 17 and just passing and having high insurance plus really wanting a GTIR Pulsar! I currently have two in the family but just cannot get insured on them, talking £10,000+++

So could anyone give me insight and help in my idea, i am looking to buy a very bog standard high miler 1.4 Nissan Sunny Hatch for less than £1,000 and converting to a full GTIR with a GTIR kit and GTIR 2.0 Engine and Exhaust etc.

Is this possible? How much work is needed? And most importantly whats the cost?

Thanks

2Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:15 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It would have to be front wheel drive only

3Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:17 pm

Jibonk786

Is it not possible at all to have an AWD conversion? damn it

4Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:18 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Either FWD or would be cheaper just insuring a gtir for £10,000 to be brutally honest, i had my first r when i was 19 with no no claims rang around everywhere started at around 4k ended up paying just under 2k a year. So ring around etc id defo recommended mate Smile

5Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:20 pm

Jibonk786

The £10,000 was kind of an understatement which i wrote just incase somehow i do find a £10,000 quote haha
Its actually £30,000

6Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:27 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Blimey dont use price compare sites if thats what you are? call sky insurance and adrian flux etc they can be helpful sometimes haha

7Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:27 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its possible but not really worth the ballache of sorting all the prop tunnel etc nothing wrong with a fwd pulsar engine .....im guessing you would just insure it as a 1.4 .....

8Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:29 pm

Jibonk786

Yeah blimey indeed!
And to be honest i have been using those price comparisons!
Thanks for the recommendations, i will take a look!

9Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:29 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

try getting a quote on a uk sunny gtir should be much cheaper

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:30 pm

Jibonk786

Yeah the idea was to insure it as 1.4 haha
But having FWD it wont launch or handle the power aswell but to be honest i could live with it being FWD

11Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:30 pm

Jibonk786

So not import? I will take a look at one 100%
Thanks!

12Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:34 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

You have to remember if someone hit you etc insured as a 1.4 they would void your insurance would be void but i also realise insurance price is rediculous so i dont have an opinion on this Smile

13Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:35 pm

Jibonk786

Yeah i was hoping that wouldnt happen
Being a smart driver and hopefully avoid insurance claims!
I cant justify £30k insurance Sad

14Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I couldnt possibly justify insurance fraud ...... but do understand how backward and ridiculous insurance companies work against youngsters ..... a fwd pulsar can be savage think we have a couple of videos of fwd pulsars on here il dig them out for you .

15Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 10:57 pm

Jibonk786

Yeah i understand! I dont want to but i have to lol

Could you possibly say how much it would cost for it to be a FWD with full GTIR engine and exhaust?

16Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 11:06 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well that is abit of a how long is a bit of a string question .... obviously you could go down two routes for the project ..... imo you would be better off buying two cars one 1.4 sunny and a pulsar maybe an unfinished project or crashed or dirt cheap one ... as your need the loom... ecu ... engine ...turbo/exhaust etc ....

17Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 16th February 2014, 11:33 pm

Finding a 1.4 sunny would be your first problem .there's one on auto trader but that's the first one I've seen advertised for quite awhile

18Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 17th February 2014, 7:21 am

Jibonk786

i have seen 1.4 Sunny's come and go, just all about timing to find one!
And ah that makes sense to buy an unfinished pulsar then to transfer everything across etc.

19Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 17th February 2014, 7:56 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

A mate of mine had a 1.4 sunny, stripped and caged it and dropped a 2.0litre Sri (I believe) out of a primera, pretty much went straight in apart from the wiring and the drive shafts, put a pulsar bonnet and boot lid and wing and I can honestly say it was a bloody fast car, had semi slicks on it and it handled really well! Took us about a week to do the engine swap after work in the evenings, was fun Smile

20Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 17th February 2014, 7:58 am

Jibonk786

Oh wow! So it is actually possible, yes!! So it took a week and do you know roughly the cost?

21Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 17th February 2014, 8:28 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Buy a pulsar for 3k buy a 1.4 for 1k .  Spend about 1k on extras like gearbox , exhaust ,  And then about 2k labour  if you are planning to pay Simone to do it..
Or wait till you have driven for 5 years and buy a real one .

Nobody at 17 should own a powerful car .
They should limit engine size based on experience / time since passing test

22Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 17th February 2014, 8:37 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Insurance fraud could be an issue, even a nosy traffic cop could cause you issues on that & if caught or have any accident regardless of who to blame your future prospects on insurance costs will make £30k quotes look cheap lol ... make a decent effort on quotes for GTiR & a modified FWD sunny & think it all through .

23Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 17th February 2014, 8:44 am

Jibonk786

Yeah 100% i will do, i know this insurance fraud is iffy but to get a GTiR its the only way:(
I will take the recomendations and look at Sky and Adrian Flux first before the FWD Sunny idea.

24Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 17th February 2014, 9:48 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Do you have to be over 25 to classify for classic insurance? As I'm 27 and my quotes all come out at about £230 fully comp for a pulsar! He bout the full primera for about 4/500 quid and did all the work are selfs! Wasn't expensive! But like I say was very quick! But insurance fraud isn't the way!

25Conversion Project to full GTIR  Empty Re: Conversion Project to full GTIR 17th February 2014, 10:42 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

don't forget to get a quote on a uk sunny gtir too, think you will be surprised at how much cheaper it is and you will have a proper car rather than wasting money on something that wont really be worth anything

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum