Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oil pressure sender unit

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oil pressure sender unit Empty Oil pressure sender unit 26th December 2013, 1:52 pm

Indy

Hi guys sorry if this is in the wrong section but I urgently need to know how tight the oil pressure sender should be, I know that's a bit of a strange question but I can't get the bleeding 17 spanner on to tighten it I've tryed all the positions Wink flip the spanner from top on the side everything have I missed something? I'm using a normal 17 halfords spanner. Oh and by the way my oils one was faulty (I think) so replaced it to see why I was getting sudden drops of oil pressure when cold. For eg it would go from 4.5 to 2 in about 4-6 mins can't figure it out anyway please advise any easier way to tighten the oil sender
Thanks in advanced

2Oil pressure sender unit Empty Re: Oil pressure sender unit 26th December 2013, 1:56 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Going from 4.5 when cold to 2 after a few mins of warming the car up is correct?

3Oil pressure sender unit Empty Re: Oil pressure sender unit 26th December 2013, 6:53 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

As above mate , im on my second R and they have both done the same. At least you have a spare sender lol merry christmas

4Oil pressure sender unit Empty Re: Oil pressure sender unit 26th December 2013, 9:15 pm

Indy

Lol thanks guys for putting my mind at rest merry Christmas and happy new year

5Oil pressure sender unit Empty Re: Oil pressure sender unit 28th December 2013, 10:45 pm

danr

danr

hand tight anyhoos. about a quarter turn once you feel it tight.
6-8 from cold.
~4 on throttle once hot
2+ on idle

6Oil pressure sender unit Empty Re: Oil pressure sender unit 29th December 2013, 4:38 pm

Indy

Thanks you so much guys appreciate it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum