Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oil Temperature Sender

+3
pulsarmoley
nomad
joetheeskimo
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oil Temperature Sender Empty Oil Temperature Sender 10th May 2016, 5:27 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Does anyone know where i can buy an oil temperature sender for my GTIR.

Thanks

2Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 10th May 2016, 7:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I checked icp and the only have oil pressure switch ....

3Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 10th May 2016, 7:49 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

May actually be worth enquiring with Nissan?

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

4Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 10th May 2016, 8:21 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I'm on my own phone at the moment, but have a look in the service manual for the range of the sensor. Should be pretty common I'd imagine.

5Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 10th May 2016, 9:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I saw s15 sr20det ones ...

6Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 14th May 2016, 1:58 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

just been to nissan to buy one. £55.....quite expensive but safer to know i can check the oil temperatures

7Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 29th June 2016, 2:06 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Revival but which sensor is the oil temp? I think mine isn't working can't say I noticed the gauge working. Now the engines out again might as well check it out. I thought it worked of the oil pressure sender thing?

8Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 29th June 2016, 3:16 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^

test
Oil Temperature Sender Oil_te11

Laugen likes this post

9Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 29th June 2016, 4:44 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Great stuff, cheers Mr B will check the resistance tonight!! I was fixed on checking the pressure Laughing only noticed on a vid I did that the temp needle hadn't moved, but can't remember if the vid was from a cold start.. Easy to check now.

10Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 29th June 2016, 4:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You can also use resistors on sensor wire to ground to rough test gauge accuracy/function .

Also worth noting sensor is same as on GTR ( 2075M . P/N 2507505U00 . M12x1.25 NTC )

11Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 5th November 2020, 7:41 pm

Laugen

Mr B wrote:You can also use resistors on sensor wire to ground to rough test gauge accuracy/function .

Also worth noting sensor is same as on GTR ( 2075M . P/N 2507505U00 . M12x1.25 NTC )

Do youknow the range of the sensor. With cold engine I measure 1,3kOhms on oil temp sensor and 1,7kOhms on water sensor. I haven’t checked with hot engine, but the reference values you posted it says < 100 Ohm. Is it a ntc from 1,5kOhms?

12Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 5th November 2020, 8:14 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

yes it NTC
at 0 centigrade it probably be 2K or more and go down to around 20ohm over 110 centigrade .
heat it up with DMM attached and see if resistance drop seems logical and close to known nissan values for 70 and 110 centigrade .

13Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 8th November 2020, 12:03 am

Laugen

Hi, Thank you for replying. I swapped the cabling an attached the oil temp wire to the water sensor. Got the needle on the oil temp gauge to slightly rise(starts at 70 degree). Know now that the gauge is ok. Also measured the oil temp sensor(constant measuring the resistance) while idleing and it got down from 1,3kohm to approx 40 ohms and then failed. Dropped to 0 ohms. The ntc is probably leaking... So new sensor ordered. Thank you again for really good assistance.

14Oil Temperature Sender Empty Re: Oil Temperature Sender 8th November 2020, 2:33 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

good testing thumbsup

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum