Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oil pressure sender

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oil pressure sender Empty Oil pressure sender 11th March 2014, 11:12 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Im going to swap the oil pressure sender on my car for a known good one from my old engine.

Has anyone got any tips for fitting the sender unit?

The oil pressure sender I have removed from my old engine has a dab of sealant around the top of the threads so I'm guessing I should use some kind of sealant, what's best to use?
How tight should I screw it in? I don't want to over tighten it or anything or should I just tighten it red face tight? Lol

Sorry if these seem like newby questions but I'd rather ask and do it right than guess and get it wrong.

2Oil pressure sender Empty Re: Oil pressure sender 11th March 2014, 11:40 am

johnboy

johnboy

I wrap a bit of plumbers PTFE tape around the thread. No idea how tight it should be, but with the tape around it doesn't need to be much more than finger tight.  Shocked 

3Oil pressure sender Empty Re: Oil pressure sender 11th March 2014, 12:06 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks for the advice mate, I can get some ptfe tape from my friend who's a plumber Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum