Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thinking off how to do full engine build

+13
johnny gtir
Admin
Sparkie
Rot box revival!
Bones
toaster55
Hardy172cup
Gaz GTiR
fred05
Scooby_killer
nomad
GTI-R US
lenzo
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Thinking off how to do full engine build 21st December 2013, 1:12 pm

lenzo

lenzo

Hi guys and girls. I was thinking of doing a full how to do engine build with pictures and maybe some video footage going in depth on everything ie port and Polishing gasflowing etc etc what do you guys think ?

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

you know how to build a good engine lenny so yeah go for it fella
put it under engine build section and il make it a sticky thread  Wink 

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds like a good idea to me ...  Wink 

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

I would love that Lenny maybe it will give me the courage to do mine as am still in two minds of doing mine, am just scared as I've never done one before in case I fcuk mine up

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

go for it! even it that takes weeks to do it!  Twisted Evil 

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep will be good to see the work that can actualy go in to a build Smile

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I would realy like to see that as I'm in two minds about attempting my own build or saving to get it built elsewhere. A full write up could come in verry handy for me and may help give me the confidence to attempt mine lol

toaster55

toaster55

That's a great idea and defo worth doing. Pictures and vids show so much more and the manuals just arn't that great for novices. Go for it i would love to see the finished thread.

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Brilliant idea. It's ideas like that make this the number1 site to be on ..

10Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 21st December 2013, 8:25 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

All I know is if I have a question it's answered very quickly on here we're as on other sites I sometimes though I was the only person left in a ghost town.lets not get bogged down here but if yr reading this yr on the right site lol

11Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 21st December 2013, 8:40 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

This is a great site I've always found helpful people on here who like to share they knowledge with other but I've always said we could do with more how to's with a lot more detail like pictures and vids rather than just write up's, even write ups are great but pictures speake a thousands words 
I no it takes a lot of effort and time to do these how to's and I really appreciate and respect the people who take the time to do them 
And I will really look forward to seeing this one if it all goes through

12Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 22nd December 2013, 12:03 am

lenzo

lenzo

I'm gonna be starting the build just after Christmas .. I'm gonna try to make it as understanding as possible and if you don't quite understand. Just let me know
an idea of the build it will be fully forged ie Cp piston and eagle rods, acl bearing etc etc  Ill will show how to measure and how to hone the bores etc                               Head work ill be using Brian crower exhaust valve i will show how to reseat them back into the head as well fitting  hks cams with uprated valve springs with porting and polishing and gas flowing ....  So use can will see what kind of build it gonna be ... If anyone has got anything they would like me to cover please let me know .

13Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 22nd December 2013, 2:06 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Sounds good Lenzo Smile cant wait for the thread as im sure ill learn a lot off it Smile

14Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 22nd December 2013, 2:04 pm

Rot box revival!

Lenzo the Legend! Cant wait to read this!

This forums always been number 1, other forums are no help at all especially if yer a new guy, like me!

15Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 22nd December 2013, 2:23 pm

Sparkie

Very well said it's good to see the enthusiasm& knowledge people still have for the Gtir on all the sites.

16Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 22nd December 2013, 6:52 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

thread cleaned up, will move this to engine build section or make a fresh thread in there please lenzo once you start

17Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 22nd December 2013, 7:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Anything you would like you to cover. The cost of all parts for my build please lenny. Joking aside look forward to this thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge

18Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 23rd December 2013, 1:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep mine and lennys builds should be pretty similar
both cars will be running well in excess of 500bhp and we will both be building the engines up at the same time (early new year) so il add bits to his build (assuming he does not mind) as il be using stock rods and other things wont be exactly the same as mines just basically a refresh on engine ive had for last 2 years.

but between the two builds you should all get a good picture of what you need and what you don't.
obviously the power side of things is separate to the engine build as that's dictated by ancilliary items fitted.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

19Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 23rd December 2013, 2:11 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

sounds a great idea, would like to do an engine build next year so think this will be perfect

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

20Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 23rd December 2013, 6:46 pm

lenzo

lenzo

johnny gtir wrote:Anything you would like you to cover. The cost of all parts for my build please lenny. Joking aside look forward to this thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge
haha let me see if santa brings me my mill what iv ask for   Laughing                         Bob I don't mind the more pictures and info the better the how to build thread will be .. When we are done on our builds I'll bring the pictures and other stuff up to you then we can put them up all together and make a how to do build ...

21Thinking off how to do full engine build  Empty Re: Thinking off how to do full engine build 23rd December 2013, 9:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

A mill .... Shocked  ....i can see you making lots of friends lenny  Wink 

lenzo

lenzo

Hi guys I know it been a while since iv been on here I will be starting the build very soon just had change of plans after my little girl born on Christmas Day it's been a nightmare to find time with work and baby .. But I will be starting very soon

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Congratulations and can not wait for write up

lenzo

lenzo

Hi guys just a quick update I'm in the middle of the build which is coming along nicely. Sorry it taking so long but please bare with me I'm finding time hard at the moment with working away and a 3 month old little girl

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Congrats to you and your missus Lenny
Last time I see her it was a bump lol

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades