Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

thinking of breaking her up

+3
GTI-R US
pulsarmoley
lenzo
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1thinking of breaking her up  Empty thinking of breaking her up 3rd September 2012, 10:40 pm

lenzo

lenzo

on Saturday night the wife backed into the front of my pulsar damaged the bumper . sunday night went out for a little drive everything was ok. i went to over take a car and it felt like it had lost power so i nursed the car home .. went out there this morning to try and find the fault could not find why it lost power then i done a compression test wish i never because 160 168 168 then the low blow 81 Sad so it has came to this point repair it or break it

2thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 4th September 2012, 6:05 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Im sure a few people have been in this situation, myself included. My car started spitting oil out when i was on holiday one year, managed to make it home and the car didnt seem to be lacking power. Turned out i had a ringland fail on no 3 piston which i presume is the fault on yours if its a standard engine. Get it done, you will regret it otherwise especially if you have already done a fair bit to your car.

p.s. If you need funds for the engine, tell the missus she owes you £400 for a new bumper Wink Laughing

3thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 5th September 2012, 12:43 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

stop being a girl lenny and get it sorted, youve got the makings of a very good car there and its not the end of the world even if the engine has let go.....its now to be expected with old stock engines tbh

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 5th September 2012, 3:26 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Top and tail it!
Remove sumps, remove head and push the duff piston out the top.
If the bore is ok just put another piston in.
You can do that with the engine in the car.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

5thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 5th September 2012, 7:12 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Its just askin for some love treat it to a secondhand lump forged or standard engine dont strip it

6thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 6th September 2012, 7:11 pm

lenzo

lenzo

after getting some good reply's and very good advice from bob i am going to keep her and go for a forge rebuild but the worse put for this rebuild is not the cost it is telling the wife i am spending more money on the car and not on her Smile

7thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 6th September 2012, 9:33 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

everythings £20 lenny.....no good getting old if you dont get clever where women are concerned lol
if you buy the bits from the right place and build it yourself it wont cost you an arm and leg

8thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 6th September 2012, 9:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Il have one of your forge builds for £20 then bob Razz

9thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 8th September 2012, 8:03 am

Alex341

exact same situation as im in

10thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 9th September 2012, 9:14 am

lenzo

lenzo

haha bob even if i do it my self it will still cost me my arms and legs once the wife finds out lol but i have got a plan ..

alex what are you going to do with your pulsar sell it or rebuilt it

11thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 9th September 2012, 9:25 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Never mind the wife dont tell her and as the old sayin goes best part of falling out is makin up if she dose sus you. Very Happy dont spend time thinking about it just do it credit cards loans overtime are but a few options. Really with alex posting it should sort the men from the boys who is building first who is building better lol

12thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 10th September 2012, 10:40 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

you obviously aint being crafty enough then lenny lol
either that or your mrs is extremely clever....just go out and buy her a new pair of shoes and handbag that generally keeps them quiet for a little while and youll be in her good books (no offence any girlies reading this) Laughing

13thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 10th September 2012, 6:33 pm

lenzo

lenzo

bob i have try with the bag and shoes and these are the words i got lenny what are you after lol
and i swear they have eyes everywhere too she always knows what i have got planned ..

14thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 10th September 2012, 7:13 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Try the its a investment line and the fact there are not many about so will only go up in price when time comes to sell just say these things happen the market has changed should buy you a year or two of less hassel

15thinking of breaking her up  Empty Re: thinking of breaking her up 10th September 2012, 9:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Or you could try growing a pair of balls Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum