Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clutch Slave Cylinder

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 8:55 pm

Westy1991

Westy1991

Ive just fitted a clutch pedal support bracket from nomad which is spot on Laughing but now theres a very very loud squeaking noise when pressing the clutch pedal in and out and its coming from the clutch slave cylinder and theres a rubber boot witha small metal rod going in and out that is exposed does this mean the 'slave' is knackered and could of caused my clutch to slip by leaking onto the pressure plate??

2Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 8:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Put some spray grease up on the pedal pinion bolt mate at the top of the pedal where it holds the pedal ..... when you say a rod with a rubber bit where are you looking ?

3Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 9:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Did the pedal pull over much when fitting the bracket ..... the noise could just be where the pedal has worn itself in the old position and now you have pulled it tight its squeking possibly ?

4Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 9:16 pm

Westy1991

Westy1991

no well i thought it was but the pedal didnt even need pulling over at all. But i lifted the bonnet and the squeak was coming from the slave cylinder when it was getting pressed??

5Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 9:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

But didnt do it prior to bracket being fitted ? .....is it weeping at all around the rubber ?

6Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 9:48 pm

Westy1991

Westy1991

no it did it slightly i think but not as bad but its not coming from the clutch pedal the squeak, its definetely from the slave cylinder is this normal?

7Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 10:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not really a loud sqeeking noise .... your going to be changing it along with the clutch ?

8Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 10:08 pm

Westy1991

Westy1991

I was trying not too to be honest i just dont get why it would squeak?? could it be getting starved of oil somehow or could it of leaked perhaps?? or maybe even the clutch itself?

9Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 10:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No i dont really understand it either ..... have you checked fluid level its the little pot next to the servo as the gtir has a seperate reseviour for the clutch slave cylinder .... how far did you wind down the bolt on the pedal ?

10Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 10:18 pm

Westy1991

Westy1991

yeah the fluids topped right up and i put it back to how it was roughly 3-4 mm showing through the back of the clutch pedal. Sorry for mithering you leighton

11Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 10:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol thats ok mate .... im just a little puzzled as to why it would be squeeking ..... ok right does it squeek at a certain point of when the pedal is depressed before the the slave cylinder moves .... maybe its the fork/thrust bearing dry on the shaft ?

12Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 10:33 pm

Westy1991

Westy1991

yeah i suppose it could be couldnt it?? the slave starts to move as soon as the pedal moves theres no slackness there whatsoever

13Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 2nd August 2013, 10:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Just thought if you adjusted the the pedal bolt down further it would push the cylinder out further just guessing of course on that . Although you could test the fork by moving it manually by hand see if it squeeks ?

14Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 10:23 am

Westy1991

Westy1991

How can I move the fork manually do you mean by pushing the slave in by hand??

15Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 10:53 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Most squeaks come down to release arm or the actual spring fingers on the clutch pressure plate. With support bracket on & less flex in pedal in theory you should be moving the piston in the slave further out & thus release arm & pressure plate will travel/get compressed more too.
does it squeak at slightest pedal travel or only near end of travel.
As Nomad suggested try moving the release arm a little perhaps with slave unbolted & a pry bar carefully placed to apply load on the protruding release arm

16Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 11:12 am

Westy1991

Westy1991

It squeaks even with the slightest movement mr b ill have a go after work with it, could the slave need replacing then?

17Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 11:28 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

needs investigating little further. try a very little spray on the rod ball to release arm & remove slave and investigate release arm if needed.

18Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 12:03 pm

Westy1991

Westy1991

Will it not leak everywhere if i take it off though?

19Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 3:07 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

No, don't remove pipes just 2 bolts securing body & move it away from the release arm & investigate release arm & see if get same noise when loading some pressure on release arm by hand & with a bar or something but take care not to damage anything.
before putting slave back check well for leaks & general look of condition & put a little smear of grease on the end of slave rod before bolting back in.
Make sure not to go pressing clutch pedal while slave removed.
Seems strange noise slave end as you fitted pedal box support, you 100% sure noise is slave area !?

20Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 6:33 pm

Westy1991

Westy1991

Yeah definetely slave end but there's no leaking or anything from thr slave I've had a better look today and I think it might be something more like the fork or something squeaking somehow connecting to the clutch bearing maybe

21Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 6:36 pm

Westy1991

Westy1991

Also are yellow injectors standard with a46-00

22Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 6:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yes mate standard injectors are yellow 444cc .... did you unbolt the slave cylinder and move the fork by hand ?

23Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 7:13 pm

Westy1991

Westy1991

Ill be honest I couldn't get the bolts to budge but I'm not sure wether the slaves the problem, I've taken some pics but can't work out how to upload them help please??

24Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 9:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You need photobucket to upload the pics then once uploaded click on the pic it will come up with options view links click on img link then paste it on here .

25Clutch Slave Cylinder Empty Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder 3rd August 2013, 9:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How mechanicly minded are you mate have you done much work on cars before ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum