Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Missing cylinder, may be the end ...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Missing cylinder, may be the end ... Empty Missing cylinder, may be the end ... 13th September 2012, 9:41 pm

danr

danr

Haven't had time to properly diagnose, but on way to work (why not on way home! Grr.), boosting 1 bar in 5th, all sweet as usual, come to pull off to junction and car flatlines. No bangs/clatters/mechanical noises, just missing a cylinder it feels like. Come to a stop and car stalls. Restarts and definitely missing, as can drive but jutters regular. Sad
Can see cloud out back when drving, but not white or blue (car behind shining lights through me fog!), just looks like fuel.
Limped it to my parents and left it there.
restarted it to check, again no mechanical sounds, just pillowy noises of i guess unburnt fuel going out the back.
Am hoping electrical, HT/Dizzy/CAS/Injector, or maybe daughterboard has popped off ECU (but it's not in limp mode).
Will know for sure tomorrow, but ATM pretty gutted.. just as i'm thinking of selling her on, she spits the dummy No

2Missing cylinder, may be the end ... Empty Re: Missing cylinder, may be the end ... 13th September 2012, 9:54 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Afm? Plug come off maybe?
Ic pipe blown off?

Hope it's something simple mate

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3Missing cylinder, may be the end ... Empty Re: Missing cylinder, may be the end ... 13th September 2012, 10:00 pm

danr

danr

I hope so stu, really do.. would a pipe off cause a regular miss? worst part is i cant get to look as im stuck at work Sad

4Missing cylinder, may be the end ... Empty Re: Missing cylinder, may be the end ... 13th September 2012, 10:16 pm

I/c pipe has come off some where. Or maybe a shim or rocker has jumped.

5Missing cylinder, may be the end ... Empty Re: Missing cylinder, may be the end ... 13th September 2012, 11:25 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Something similar happened me with the R when a pipe blew off at where the bailey dump valve was connected that i was running at the time.
And again with an ic pipe on a different car with the wrong pipe clip fitted at the inlet of the intercooler.
As dan says definitely worth checking.

6Missing cylinder, may be the end ... Empty Re: Missing cylinder, may be the end ... 14th September 2012, 7:13 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Fingers crossed its something simple like the ic pipe Crying or Very sad

7Missing cylinder, may be the end ... Empty Re: Missing cylinder, may be the end ... 14th September 2012, 10:50 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

just replied to pm dan, couldnt get on here last night

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Missing cylinder, may be the end ... Empty Re: Missing cylinder, may be the end ... 19th September 2012, 1:25 pm

danr

danr

girl mode over lol
I/C pipe had blown off exit of FMIC!!
Shipped all me tools, trolley etc to 'rents, and all i needed was a 13mm spanner (THANKFULLY!).

Car running normal again, hopefully no damage incurred nursing it home like that.
First time anything like that happened, was sure regular miss was piston. Guess i'll know next, although i think shes going for sale now. Needs someone to run it more than i do!

Thanks all, spot on I/C piping..

9Missing cylinder, may be the end ... Empty Re: Missing cylinder, may be the end ... 20th September 2012, 12:03 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

was good easy fix then dan
always pays to check obvious things first

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum