Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Engine out over winter ,

+3
pulsarmoley
nomad
ROB_IOW
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 8th August 2013, 6:20 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

The maf on your gti must be better than a gtir one then as standard pulsar maf's max out around 330hp.

27Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 8th August 2013, 6:33 am

fwdben

fwdben

I'm using the MAF from a GtiR, on the map it's not maxed out, don't think it's far off though to be honest! I have 340bhp at the wheels.

28Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 8th August 2013, 7:17 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats intresting to know i was always led to believe it was maxed out at 330 340 mark ...

29Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 8th August 2013, 9:01 am

fwdben

fwdben

Yeah well I've just kept it on, I think it's all down to boost pressure, injector duty & set up! I'm running a fairly big turbo but only 1.5 bar I think if maybe I was running a 2871r at 2 bar the MAF wouldn't cope?

I could be wrong! But as mine stands, 400 bhp and its almost maxed out

30Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 8th August 2013, 9:33 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Would agree with above as when had mine setup on the Dyno 1.5Bar pushed standard Maf close to max & set 1.3Bar as safe margin & was happy with power/torque at that level.
I'm using a 2860RS which picked up several years back while in US for a little over 700GBP new.
2871R would be good & pending on trim can be good for 400hp with little lag.
Bobs offer sounds good if rebuild cost is 4to500GBP as hard find much under 1K in uk
buying running used could end up needing rebuild soon too so might as well go for it as your going get a turbo good as new for almost half the cost.

31Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 8th August 2013, 9:54 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that's unusual with the maf and 400bhp : / every time ive pushed close to 340bhp the maf is absolutely maxed out then although it will still run ok the fuelling will be unregulated as the maf will not be able to tell the ecu how much fuel to put in, so you could have a lot of lean and rich points throughout the scaling of the map..............not that im a mapper lol but fundamentals of it are easy enough to understand.

the roller bearing tubbys cannot be rebuilt as such, they simply just replace the main core so in affect you have a brand new turbo all they use is the compressor and exhaust housings from the old unit, but yes will 100% work out cheaper than buying one off the shelf.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

32Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 8th August 2013, 11:04 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Phoned owen developments they want £560 + vat to recore a 2871R
Or £731 + vat for a brand new 2871R ..

33Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 8th August 2013, 11:13 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

try aet or turbo technics, theres quite a few companies that do it
owen are quite expensive tbh

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

34Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 8th August 2013, 1:39 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

560+vat is a bit nasty, last garrett I had done was just under £400 all in.
Shop around & also look in links section on forum as turbo builder in there that meant be good work & good prices ...

35Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 8th August 2013, 5:34 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Turbo technics said they can't do it !Shocked 
Aet are getting back to me tommorow with a price for rebuilding / recoring the 2871r and also a price for rebuilding my stage 1 Turbo .

He did say he thought there would be very little price difference between repairing a 2871R and buying a brand new turbo .
We will wait and see Crying or Very sad 

36Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 10th August 2013, 9:24 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

How did you get on, did you hear from aet?

37Engine out over winter ,  - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine out over winter , 10th August 2013, 10:30 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Yeah the quoted similar to Owen developments was £520 + vat
And to rebuild T28 was about £500 ( that included a new exhaust housing incase it's cracked )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum