Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winter Oil??

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Winter Oil?? Empty Winter Oil?? 19th November 2013, 11:29 am

Viper911

Viper911

Just reading the sticky tho doesnt really say which is best all year round?

From what I can see, 10w50 Fuchs is the weapon of choice, however the statement in the last post tells me that the higher the 2nd number the thicker it is at operating temp, which is apparently bad for winter.

So, unless I am reading it wrong, which is a possibility, is Fuchs 10w50 suitable for winter?

Only asking as I am giving her a change after turbo replacement.

Ta

2Winter Oil?? Empty Re: Winter Oil?? 21st November 2013, 12:11 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

You shouldn't have a problem using the fuchs stuff as mine will be running that grade through winter. I think you will find its the first number of the oil viscosity that is important during the cold weather periods as it represents the oils viscosity when cold; the lower the number the better it will flow. Think you only require a different grade if you lived somewhere that typically sees below freezing temperatures.
i.e. summer use 10w50, winter use 0/5w50

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum