Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Put away for winter

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Put away for winter Empty Put away for winter 8th October 2012, 6:43 pm

Ajay.

So as it looks like the weathers gonna become more colder,rain,snow,who's taking there cars off the road? I'm planning to get myself a good quality car cover handbrake off,disconnect battery,Anything else to bear in mind? Won't be taking the r out in those salty roads as its far to mint.

2Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 8th October 2012, 7:53 pm

buckym120

buckym120

I'm just trying to sort out a lock up for the next few months and strip the underneath, wax oil and new bushes all round

3Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 8th October 2012, 8:33 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Ajay. wrote:So as it looks like the weathers gonna become more colder,rain,snow,who's taking there cars off the road? I'm planning to get myself a good quality car cover handbrake off,disconnect battery,Anything else to bear in mind? Won't be taking the r out in those salty roads as its far to mint.
check the anti freeze is strong enough might sound stupid but a mate got his back from the garage after having work done never checked till it was to late.Read a couple stories on R forums last year where people had overlooked this

4Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 9th October 2012, 12:52 pm

johnboy

johnboy

buckym120 wrote:I'm just trying to sort out a lock up for the next few months and strip the underneath, wax oil and new bushes all round

Sounds like a great idea - but how do you strip it? Wire brush and lots of bloody hard work or is there a better way? Shocked

5Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 9th October 2012, 12:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Cup brush on a grinder and a few various hand wire brushes the cup brush saves alot of time and effort although after a while the pins n needles set in Razz

6Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 10th October 2012, 10:34 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Thanks - but if I do that to mine I might find too many holes. Crying or Very sad
I'll have to do some bits but not sure about doing the whole lot.

7Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 11th October 2012, 1:51 am

Ajay.

First thing I done when I got my r was treat the lower sills as they rot very quickly during winter and Treated most of the underneath,they rot within no time during winter period Better to catch it before it ends in big crispy rusty holes lol

8Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 11th October 2012, 7:05 pm

ive driven 2 gtirs in some the worst winters we have had over the last 13 years.if i can be arsed to fix the clutch on the one i have now ill drive it this winter too.no reason to take them off the road just because its winter

rob

9Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 11th October 2012, 7:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum rob. ...... That is true but most are treated like babies lol

10Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 11th October 2012, 7:21 pm

hi been a member since bob sent me an invite on the gtiroc ages ago but never posted till now.
definately treated like babies by a lot of owners,since i started driving ive owned a lot of performance cars and the gtir is by far the most reliable.the one i have now has had loads of problems but even so,think you would struggle to find something to use every day as fast

rob

11Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 11th October 2012, 7:30 pm

Ajay.

well its off the road anyway,if it was a shitter then i would drive it in the winter but it aint Laughing welcome to the forum good to have another on board

12Put away for winter Empty Re: Put away for winter 11th October 2012, 7:32 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

its the salt that kills them inc the wheels mine wont be going out

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum