Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

bonnet respray price :(

+2
Scooby_killer
BEBB GTIR
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bonnet respray price :( Empty bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 4:53 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Just went to a bodyshop in town and asked for a rough quote to paint the GRP bonnet for 300zx and they said roughly £400 Shocked sounds abit pricey haha, so now looking on ebay for a standard bonnet already in black Smile things have very expensive recently Sad

2bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 5:12 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

That price is outrageous I would expect to pay between £80 to £150 tops for painting a bonnet
You would get it cheaper that £400 if you go to dealers to get it done

3bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 5:17 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Ye thats crazy, paint aint cheap but i wojld hsve expected about half that

4bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 5:48 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

was hoping to get bonnet, tailgate wing mirrors painted for that price not just bonnet :/

5bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 5:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

For that price you could buy a compressor and gun +paint ....let me put it in prospective  a litre of paint  will cost you £15-£20 tops  5 ltres a/b thinners £15 wich would be more than plenty  so  maybe abit of sandpaper total cost 50quid  .

6bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 6:52 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

ive got all that, just hate working with fibreglass fucking hate it Sad got a mate who paints so Ive messaged him also to see what he thinks if not Im looking at getting black bonnet/tailagte and mirrors off ebay and just swap them over Smile

7bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 7:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It would only be a light sand in 600 grit ready for some topcoat ....

8bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 7:36 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

what paint do I need leighton??? wheres best to get some If i decided to do it myself

9bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 7:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well if you want to go with the same colour thats on the car already you will need the paint code  .....so i would do it in cellulose paint  ....especially if you havent got  breathing apparatus ....a litre will be plenty  then some anti bloom thinners ..so if you got a litre of top coat then a litre of a/b  thinners use a measuring cup do a 50/50 mix do a few coats  around 3 or 4 with  20 mins intervals ..... ideal temp for spraying  around 20 c 
Hope this helps ....there is plenty of info on spraying on the net .... il throw you up a link i found very useful .

10bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 7:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/spray-painting.htm

11bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 8:00 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

ok thanks leighton will see by tomo what the plan is cheers

12bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 16th October 2013, 8:41 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Look for local paint places i have one down the road and you can also buy online if you have the paint code ....

13bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 17th October 2013, 8:04 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

as a rough estimate most decent body shops charge 100 per panel, if your spraying yourself use 400 grit paper as your base to get a good enough key

14bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 17th October 2013, 2:12 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Bonnet is a big panel & I would expect to pay £200ish for decent job these days & all depends on what prep is needed really along with what paint is used & if straight colours.
If you got compressor & some spray equipment then it not too hard to set up an area suitable for spraying a panel or 2 & with some patience & thought good result can be achieved , not fun though & plenty to go wrong or niggle you if fussy ...

15bonnet respray price :( Empty Re: bonnet respray price :( 17th October 2013, 4:50 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

cheers lads, im abit busy atm and my patience is hardly none existant anyways haha got a mate looking at it sat hes got a booth and all whereas i'd be painting outside or in the cattle shed Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum