Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally bought a Gtir, just a few general questions.

+5
Gaz GTiR
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
nomad
Westy1991
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Cheapest i found was 50quid so for a change nissan are cheap lol ....

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep I don't think that's expensive either

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I have to do my pulsar on a budget but some things you just cant scrimp on .... and to be honest 48 pound from nissan isnt bad considering they charge more than that for a cv boot kit .

Westy1991

Westy1991

Oh okay then just me being Jewish then lol

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I'm surprised the clutch kit doesn't come with one considering the price of them! I'd find out how long to get hold of one from Nissan as you could be looking at 4-6 weeks.

Westy1991

Westy1991

Yeah I've been in to them they said the next day. And they don't come with the kit because its a 200sx/pulsar kit but because there's not enough demand for the pulsar cc clutch they don't make a thrust bearing for it.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Plus side is the Nissan bearing is very good quality & will fit perfectly.
Price ain't bad at all for dealer part.
Make sure you strengthen the clutch fork as saves hassle down the line & would probably go with a new clutch slave myself if looks like you got a 20 year+ one currently as will be under more strain with uprated clutch cover & a leak could ruin the friction plate if unlucky.
Spending that extra 100 odd quid when doing jobs like this on the old pulsar is difference between no hassle for the next 5 years or on axle stands every month revisiting work already done :-S

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.priracing.com/product.php/1729/0/clutch-release-bearing---nissan/30122ea48cad75c1508e8284783dc7ae
Heres a link if nissan are on a back order mate .

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

nomad wrote:http://www.priracing.com/product.php/1729/0/clutch-release-bearing---nissan/30122ea48cad75c1508e8284783dc7ae
Heres a link if nissan are on a back order mate .
That link is not a GTiR release bearing, BRG016 is a Exedy Europe PN for silvia, 180 etc etc etc. i think BRG472 is PN for GTiR.
ADL did have GTiR bearing as got one some years ago but no idea on PN without looking.
If Nissan got one job jobbed & I would go Nissan bearing even if other routes are 10-15GBP cheaper .

Westy1991

Westy1991

Ok I appreciate all the info again. Is the clutch slave cylinder withing the gearbox then?

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

no it bolts onto the outside .. easy to replace 20mins at most

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Mounted on bell-housing & removed from outside but as the rod goes into the box (release arm) a leak can end up getting fluid all over your nice new expensive clutch & labour.
Main reason GTiR got a bad reputation on reliability is down to low budget cost cutting upgrades & also take into account the age of these vehicles & parts in question.

Westy1991

Westy1991

Oh okay ill have a look when I get home from work would you recommend new again then? And from nissan only again I'm presuming? Crying or Very sad 

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

available on ebay!!

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Also available at any good motor factors as ADL do them (PN: ADN13634)
rebuild kit is available too as long as bore good .
Worth checking with Nissan if you friendly with parts counter.
ADL was around £42 last time I bought one.
your call on whether you do it but worth a little inspection on current slave when doing job.
Problem is they have a habit of failing with a new heavier clutch & cylinder seating slightly different spot on due to new bearing & pressure plate finger not being worn.
Personally I would not put a £400 clutch in without a new slave on a suspected 20yr+ original slave especially if mileage high & history iffy.
A couple of GTiR owners have found this out the more expensive way though :-/
One recovery will cost more than slave & if unlucky & got no boot on release arm or split one, fluid could run inside bell housing.

Last edited by Mr B on 30th July 2013, 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Westy1991

Westy1991

Yeah I really appreciate that as I wouldn't of thought of it but the bill just seems to be going up an up and up all the time lol but the rest of the car mechanically is brilliant to be honest just the back arches as normal.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If budget real tight don't worry about it too much but do check it while job being done & also keep an eye on clutch fluid level & visually inspect clutch slave & master for any sign of weeping until they earned some trust.
Main must do is strengthened fork as that a gearbox out job again if punches out on the pivot point . If handy with a welder this easy free job just putting a plate on back of fork (is a thread with more precise details if needed)

Westy1991

Westy1991

Yeah will do, I'm getting an uprated clutch fork from bob and a clutch pedal bracket aswell can't wait until its done. Is the clutch slave something I can do once I've had the clutch done?

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sorry for the miss link i didnt realise it was excluding gtir Rolling Eyes  yes the slave cylinder can be done afterwards as mr b says its worth a good close inspection prior to fitting your new clutch .

Westy1991

Westy1991

ok no problem nomad thanks for the help

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You have a reply pm westy Wink 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: