Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally bought a Gtir, just a few general questions.

+5
Gaz GTiR
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
nomad
Westy1991
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

im running exedy stage 1 organic and at 330bhp it started to slip Crying or Very sad 
286bhp at the wheels

Westy1991

Westy1991

Ryt bloody hell okay well I think I'm going to go for a helix or an ap clutch but I think I want an organic as its a bit more user friendly. But my mates getting a price for a ap clutch for me next week so with some luck I should get it a bit cheaper through him. The car was really fast on the test drive, just can't wait to see how quick it will be with the new clutch in now lol thanks for everyone's help this seems to be a really good forum thanks a lot guys ill let you know how I get on.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Like already said mate i would go for a higher torque capable clutch especially if your considering upping the boost at some point last thing you want to do is have to spend more money replacing it .....and also strengthen the clutch fork will you got the box off with extra torque and meaty clutch its worth doing ....also check you have a clutch pedal support bracket .... hope that helps

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

If im honest it's been in for 5 years and holding 300 bhp but once it was mapped it started to slip after 1 week of 330bhp

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Think I'll be doing mine next year as I'm steadily approaching the 300hp figure but with more torque. In fairness I do abuse the clutch a bit but as said its worth getting a clutch that's more than capable as opposed to one that's adequate.

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I'm doing mine over the winter . tax runs out in september then it goes into my garage for some winter tlc ..
Getting a new clutch , upgraded clutch fork , new turbo ,

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I don't rate ap clutches much, I personally would go for Helix or stage 1 CC myself.
Exedy will do but it has no room for more power handling & is not the best organic clutch option.

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Mr B wrote:I don't rate ap clutches much, I personally would go for Helix or stage 1 CC myself.
Exedy will do but it has no room for more power handling & is not the best organic clutch option.

How come you don't rate AP Mr B?

Westy1991

Westy1991

I think i might go for a cc clutch stage 4 paddle clutch for £399.99 i cant grumble at that.1) Are they man enough for the job though as i dont know a great deal on these?? 2) But theres also a stage 5 paddle clutch for the same price which one should i get?? 3) But im just worried the paddle clutch will be very juddery and jerky when im not using the car hard is this the case still with paddle clutches?? And theres a stage 2 organic clutch for £399.99 which i know wont handle as much power but will it be better in all ways than the Exedy i was looking at. These clutches are all from http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/shop.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=26 the link was originally sent from Gaz Gtir which is much appreciated by the way.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You could get away with the stage 2 ..... if it  is 80%more capable  more than standard  then it should be man enough .

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Everything I have heard about CC Clutches is all good & I think a lot of drift boys use them & they work them hard. Speak to Ed at fusion motorsport on that link I posted, im sure he will be able to advise you on what your looking for Smile

Westy1991

Westy1991

Thank a lot for your help again guys. I think I've just worked it out on the cc stage 2 organic clutch that it can handle 378 lb ft of torque (80 percent increase) is this right or is it me being thick again. Very Happy 

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That's about right, I think book figure of a standard pulsars torque was 197lbft? 197x1.8=355 which with your current torque levels works out at approximately 79% capability.(based on 1.1bar=280lbft)
If you plan on running more power in the future it might be worth going for a stage 3 as I personally wouldnt want to run a clutch at its full potential.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Gaz GTiR wrote:
Mr B wrote:I don't rate ap clutches much, I personally would go for Helix or stage 1 CC myself.

How come you don't rate AP Mr B?

Used one before & did not like it as felt very poor in taking up the power in hard use.
Nothing special for the price

I would not use solid paddle clutch options. Not unless after serious power & have uprated gearbox & use is 85% track, sprint or drag.
Helix has been used in close to 400hp Pulsars, CC stage 2 or 3 are as far as you want to go.
I currently have a Helix HD (use to do 2 organic models) clutch in mine & run 1.3 Bar max & its holds it fine & feels real strong.
Be realistic with future power plans & what use your car will have as going over kill on your clutch could end with a clutch you hate using & transmission damaged.

Westy1991

Westy1991

Another problem I've got the central locking doesn't seem to be working on it only the drivers door will work with the alarm fob and the key, but the passenger does lock manually from inside or with the key. Any clue what this could be I've tried to look for a central locking fuse under the bonnet and under the steering wheel fuse boxes??

Westy1991

Westy1991

Oh the alarm is an auto watch one if that helps

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

If the drivers side is locking with the fob but the passengers is not then I would think either you have a dodgy motor in the door or a broken connection in the wiring.

Westy1991

Westy1991

oh okay thanks for that

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

same with mine so let us know if you manage to find the fault Wink

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

Westy1991

Westy1991

Will do ill have a play with it afterwards and see if I can find anything

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

mine did this last year (passenger door not locking )

I stripped out the lock on the passenger door and removed a little piece from the mech but can't remember what it was .
Has worked perfectly since

Westy1991

Westy1991

oh okay ill have a look at that and see if i can get it going again i just like having everything working if its on the car it should work in my opinion

Westy1991

Westy1991

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a clutch thrust bearing from as it doesnt come with the clutch kit from fusion motorsport??

Westy1991

Westy1991

Been quoted £48 for one from nissan which i thought was a bit steep:shock: 

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

All Nissan bits are really expensive...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: