Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knock Sensor

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Knock Sensor Empty Knock Sensor 4th March 2017, 12:11 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Hi Guys

the connector for my knock sensor broke, can anyone tell me which pin i should connect to for the output.

How can i go about checkin the output of the knock sensor with the engine running to ensure its working. Is the knock sensor read by the ECU during start up conditions.

Thansk

2Knock Sensor Empty Re: Knock Sensor 4th March 2017, 12:21 pm

mike74

mike74

I can't remember which pin it is but, if you connect it to the wrong pin fault code 34 will constantly pop up. The ecu will think the sensor isn't connected. One of the pins is an earth IIRC

3Knock Sensor Empty Re: Knock Sensor 4th March 2017, 12:42 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

mike74 wrote:I can't remember which pin it is but, if you connect it to the wrong pin fault code 34 will constantly pop up. The ecu will think the sensor isn't connected. One of the pins is an earth IIRC

As the centre of the sensors is metal, I am assuming i shouldn't need to connect the earth pin as the sensor it self will earth when Attached to the engine.

4Knock Sensor Empty Re: Knock Sensor 5th March 2017, 8:04 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Looking at sensor the left pin is the signal and rght earth/shield I think from memory, have a look in the FSM on the det sensor tests .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum