Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

knock sensor wiring

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1knock sensor wiring Empty knock sensor wiring 2nd June 2014, 5:24 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Hello,

I've fitted pretty much a new engine to my pulsar and cannot for love nor money find the wire that plugs into the knock sensor.

My mechanic that dropped the lump out for me is pretty certain it didn't have one plugged in.

I'm running a power fc and have heard they can be turned off, but I would still expect a plug to be there to plug onto the knock sensor but there is nothing. Everything was originally done by hi-teq, and wouldn't have thought they would have removed the plug completely.

Any one any ideas, had this before, know which part of the loom the wire appears from or know the wiring colour/pin that would come out of the ECU so I can fit a new wire in!?? I know its only the one wire with a twin connector. The car also runs fine, seems to run like a dream actually but I'm only pottering about in it while I run it in, not been above 5K!

Cheers all,
Chris.

2knock sensor wiring Empty Re: knock sensor wiring 2nd June 2014, 5:35 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I may also need the connector with some wire on it, if it comes to that and anyone has one??

3knock sensor wiring Empty Re: knock sensor wiring 2nd June 2014, 6:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

knock sensor wiring 2014-06-02-19-01-32

4knock sensor wiring Empty Re: knock sensor wiring 2nd June 2014, 6:06 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its number 216 ... not sure if that helps ...looks like its on the loom coming from the drivers side ...

5knock sensor wiring Empty Re: knock sensor wiring 2nd June 2014, 8:42 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

That might help that matey, means I can try locate it by following the other wires. Do you know what connectors 215, 217 and 218 are for and I'll trace it from these? I'm sure it's got to be hiding somewhere above the transfer box, but it's done a magical disappearing trick!
Cheers! Smile

6knock sensor wiring Empty Re: knock sensor wiring 2nd June 2014, 8:50 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

seen the connector come off and just the short wire be left. do you not think its as you say been taped to the loom as many don't run knock sensors with power fc as it reads knock differently

7knock sensor wiring Empty Re: knock sensor wiring 2nd June 2014, 9:10 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Think it's a white wire from memory and it runs from the sensor loom that plugs in on drivers side inner wing (about 4 multiplugs)

If you can find the wire from the multiplug you could join a new wire there rather than go all the way back to ecu, but as Johnny said it's probably there somewhere just cut as it goes into loom

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8knock sensor wiring Empty Re: knock sensor wiring 2nd June 2014, 9:25 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

It could have been taken off yes, an it's seeming more and more that way. Surely it would be better with it connected though?? If that's not connected then how does it read knock?
Cheers Bob, I'll have a look, see if I can find a white wire in there somewhere from that connector or in the loom, that should be easier!
Cheers again!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum