Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knock/DET sensor issues

+2
luke s
Hardy172cup
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Knock/DET sensor issues 28th January 2016, 9:33 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I've had a problem with the knock sensor in my car for some time now, every now and then it would limit the boost and retard the timing as if it has detected DET. I would simply turn the ignition off then start the car back up again and it would be back to normal for a while.

I've currently had a new genuine Nissan knock sensor fitted but now the car seems to be constantly limited to 0.5 bar of boost like its in some kind of limp mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions what could be causing this? I'm sure the sensor is detecting false knock for some reason because it's been doing it for so long I would of run into issues by now if the engine was knocking.

2Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 28th January 2016, 9:49 pm

luke s

Have you done a ecu check for codes to see if there's something else not happy bud

3Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 28th January 2016, 9:57 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

It's not showing any codes, I'm not sure since it's had the new knock sensor fitted because I haven't checked. I haven't got the car at the moment, it's at a garage so I can't check but it never threw up the code for the knock sensor before

4Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 29th January 2016, 9:30 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

How did you manage to get it off mate

5Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 29th January 2016, 9:36 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Bones wrote:How did you manage to get it off mate

I've had my gearbox done so got em to swap it over wile the engine was out. I'd of never got it off otherwise haha

6Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 29th January 2016, 10:38 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

It's like a reunion bones n hardy Razz

7Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 30th January 2016, 9:01 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

could actually be det to some extent or something else resonating & new sensor picks it up well.
could do with fuelling & ignition checked to be safe (what ecu, piggybacks you got !). All super simple things likes plugs, leads, dizzy cap, sensor connectors, fuel pressure & pump voltage want be checked too.
Also if got real old fuel in tank that could do with draining .

8Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 30th January 2016, 9:53 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Mr B wrote:could actually be det to some extent or something else resonating & new sensor picks it up well.
could do with fuelling & ignition checked to be safe (what ecu, piggybacks you got !). All super simple things likes plugs, leads, dizzy cap, sensor connectors, fuel pressure & pump voltage want be checked too.
Also if got real old fuel in tank that could do with draining .

Cheers for that mate.
I don't think there's any major issue with feeling because I have a wide band but I'm not tuner so not sure exactly what numbers I should be seeing but it seems fine at WOT. Pump voltage and fuel pressure is something I've never checked. It's had new leads, plugs and distributor so shouldn't be a problem there. Never thought about draining the tank but I'm guessing it will be a ball ache lol

I've got a feeling this is going to cause me a real problem!

9Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 30th January 2016, 9:54 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Voltage to pump and fuel pressure sounds a good place to start I suppose

10Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 30th January 2016, 9:55 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I had thought about the possibility of something metallic touching the block making the sensor pick up false knock but can't think of anything that could be doing that

11Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 30th January 2016, 6:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What exhaust have you got bill.... ????

12Knock/DET sensor issues Empty Re: Knock/DET sensor issues 30th January 2016, 7:16 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I'm not even sure, think it's got a mongoose tip, standard downpipe but not sure what the centre section is. Stock elbow too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum