Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Restoration Project

+9
Cosmic73
DC313
steven_c
mike74
hagger
Ryaneg6freak
typeritr
nomad
johnny gtir
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 22nd April 2023, 8:00 am

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

Hi all just wondering if anyone knows what the oem radio was, I did keep the original one when I replaced it years ago with the obligatory cd player but I’d love to track down a oem radio an refit it.

127Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 22nd April 2023, 8:49 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I did a super quick search and info is limited that I found, its either one of these styles by the looks. I would be surprised if it wasnt the same as other nissan models of the year/s ?

Restoration Project - Page 6 2023-04-22-184817

128Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 24th April 2023, 12:44 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Wow, can’t believe I’ve never seen this thread. Lovely little read through on a Monday lunchtime lol. Top work fella; if I do mine half as good as this I’ll be pleased

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

129Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 24th April 2023, 5:22 pm

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

gtir_woody wrote:I did a super quick search and info is limited that I found, its either one of these styles by the looks. I would be surprised if it wasnt the same as other nissan models of the year/s ?

Restoration Project - Page 6 2023-04-22-184817

Thanks Woody, I’ll have a look on eBay a see what I can see…….I kicking myself I didn’t keep the original head unit.

130Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 24th April 2023, 5:25 pm

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

pulsarmoley wrote:Wow, can’t believe I’ve never seen this thread. Lovely little read through on a Monday lunchtime lol. Top work fella; if I do mine half as good as this I’ll be pleased

Thanks pulsarmoley, there’s always a the odd little bit I redo that I wasn’t happy with first time round. I’ve already started looking for another one to start as a project, I’d like to do a full on track modded one next.

131Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 29th April 2023, 6:41 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Have you thought about one of those retro looking headunits with bluetooth etc? I wonder if there is one that looks close to the OEM one, another option to consider i suppose.

132Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 22nd July 2023, 8:15 am

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

Hi all so I’m just doing the last jobs before I get the suspension set up and an MOT. I’ve done the final top up of the rear dif oil a planning on changing the gearbox an transfer box oil so everything is fresh.
A big question to all of you out there does anyone have clear pictures of the gearbox a transfer box oil drain an fill plugs? I’ve got access to the service manual an the diagram looks like a 5 year old drew it on an etcha sketch!  I believe the gearbox drain plug is the large plug one on the bottom, which if it is, is welded in on mine, unless it’s a left hand thread.
Any help would be appreciated.

133Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 22nd July 2023, 9:34 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I tried to find these photos online but couldn't. So I had to take photos of the printouts in my GTIR hard-folder ive collected over the years.

Restoration Project - Page 6 IMG-9480

Restoration Project - Page 6 IMG-9481

Last edited by gtir_woody on 22nd July 2023, 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

134Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 22nd July 2023, 9:35 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Restoration Project - Page 6 IMG-9482

Hope that helps

135Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 22nd July 2023, 11:13 am

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

Hi Woody. That’s brilliant, thanks for the photos thumbsup

136Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 23rd July 2023, 4:31 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thats ok mate, good luck thumbsup

137Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 12th August 2023, 1:53 pm

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

So i've had a few days off work an managed to get some time on the Pulsar, I've had a starting issue for the last few weeks following the alarm going off and suspected the alarm/immobiliser. After many hours for investigation and virtually removing the alarm and immobiliser I couldn't find the starting fault. I had a good spark, fuel pressure and a pulse signal to the injectors, as a final roll of the dice I pulled the injectors and gave them a clean which I'd done a few months previous, so wasn't expecting any results from this. On refit of the injectors the old girl started on first turn of the key........big relief.

I did my final checks of all the oils, fluids and lights an finished installing the last items of trim, swapped back on the OEM wheels to ensure it didn't fail MOT due the Compomotive's rubbing on full lock (I need to install some steering lock stops). Then topped up with some Shell V Power and head off to the MOT station.
Restoration Project - Page 6 323c6710

Forty five minutes later and I had a MOT certificate, with a noted small blow on the centre to rear exhaust flange, then was online getting her taxed.
Restoration Project - Page 6 62897610

I then had a quick trip the local garage to get the four wheel alignment done, the fronts need a slight adjustment, the rears weren't such a good success story. The offside camber bolt to camber washer had a bit of wear in it and this wouldn't allow full adjustment. I've ordered 2 new camber bolts and 2 new camber washers this morning and once installed I'll go back for the rears to be finished.

138Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 12th August 2023, 5:22 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Awesome news. Bet you are happy, drives nice? Interesting about the injectors, but good it was an easy fix in the end.

139Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 12th August 2023, 7:01 pm

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

Yes, really happy it’s done an it drives great, especially now the suspension is just about set up to OEM spec’s.

Definitely an easy fix on the starting issue, I just wish I’d found it sooner.

140Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 28th October 2023, 8:58 am

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

After a great end to the summer and attending a the local Town Show that has a small car show that I thought I'd enter the GTiR into, i've managed put a few hundred fault free miles on the clock and now its time to wrap the GTiR up for the winter hibernation as the weathers starts to turn wintery here in the UK.

I really should of entered the judging at the show as the Chrysler Crossfire next to me some how won the 1990 to 2000 class. I had lots of interest at the show and was surprised may people knew what it was.

Restoration Project - Page 6 83cf6010

The final run of the year before the old girls winter hibernation.

Restoration Project - Page 6 B68f0610

Its only been a few weeks of not really having any jobs to do on the GTiR and I'm already getting the itch to do something, I've started trawling Ebay and the classifieds looking for another project. Low and behold theres another GTiR in the same village I live in, less than a mile from where I am. A quick check of the GOV.UK MOT checker and I've found its been of the road for five years!!!! I'm wondering if I can buy it??? I've already got ideas in mind lol.

Restoration Project - Page 6 Deceec11

141Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 28th October 2023, 9:40 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I like to these little town shows, can be quite surprising what turns up. We have a good gathering at the local museum in the summer. Good work thumbsup

142Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 28th October 2023, 10:58 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

A project gtir is a good find, I've been looking months for one and ended buying a 350z project instead. I'd definitely buy it if I was you.

143Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 28th October 2023, 12:02 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Great update mate!

The R’s get a lot of attention these days, yours looks amazing.

Defs go a project R if a good condition foundation is there and the type of work it needs doesn’t outweigh effort and potential gains.

144Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 9th December 2023, 3:34 pm

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

Whilst browsing the internet I came across a website that makes 3D prints of the front ends of cars. I thought I’d treat myself to an early Christmas pressie for my office, unfortunately the GTiR wasn’t listed but after sending off a few pictures of my GTiR I had some scanned proofs, and with a bit of tweaking the renders were signed off an put to print. Today Santa came early courtesy of UPS and dropped the print off, I’m very happy with the end result. If anyone’s interested see https://lp3duk.com/collections/all.

Restoration Project - Page 6 Img_2511
Restoration Project - Page 6 Img_2512
Restoration Project - Page 6 Img_2510

145Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 9th December 2023, 11:49 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That’s pretty cool and different. I checked their website but it’s not on there yet

146Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 10th December 2023, 3:48 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's awesome and so cool. I wouldn't have thought about something like that.

147Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 2nd May 2024, 7:02 am

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

So I’ve not done much to the Pulsar over the winter bar the odd starting her up and pulling her out of the garage for a warm up on any dry day we’ve had.

I did manage to buy the oem battery tray an fit this.

Restoration Project - Page 6 Img_2710
Restoration Project - Page 6 Img_2711

As we have the prospect of some dry weather at last in the UK, I taxed the Pulsar and had my first drive of the year last night.

Restoration Project - Page 6 Img_3010
Restoration Project - Page 6 Img_3011

148Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 4th May 2024, 8:26 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Nice, good to see an update Smile is the oem tray a gtir specific thing or shared with other models?

149Restoration Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Restoration Project 4th May 2024, 3:33 pm

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

Hi Woody, it’s shared with other models, the Skyline for one.

I’m still looking for a stock headunit if anyone’s got a working one, it’s either that or get a repro Blaupunkt Bremen or Frankfurt one……let me know what you think?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum