Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

inlet mani vacuum piping

+2
Gaz GTiR
TurboTom
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1inlet mani vacuum piping Empty inlet mani vacuum piping 23rd July 2012, 6:52 pm

TurboTom

what are peoples thoughts on flogging it off? thinking of just getting some of these if its the way forward
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-SUNNY-PULSAR-GTI-R-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-VACUUM-PORT-BLANK-OFF-CAPS-BUNG-PLUG-/160805152170?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2570bbe5aa#ht_1450wt_1037

and also do people just run the breather from the rocker to a catch can or just blank it off?
cheers guys

2inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 23rd July 2012, 10:48 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I took mine off as it just throws oil vapours from the rocker into the inlet for emission perposes. but obviusly if you blank the nipples off & do away with it all your going to get a cleaner burn of fuel as youve nit got oil vapours thrown in there!

Just link nupple 1-2 & 3-4 wit some vacume hose, & run some pipe from the rocker cover valve to a breathable catch can as you shouldnt realy block that valve off realy so ive heard Wink

3inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 7:08 am

TurboTom

Any reason to link 1-2 3-4 gaz mate?
Yeah to be honest that makes sense! Do you know how it effect emissions?

But thanks a lot for the reply buddy Smile answered all my questions and more!

4inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 9:30 am

johnboy

johnboy

This is an interesting article if you are thinking of messing with the crankcase ventilation. It seems to say that changing anything is a bad idea.. Shocked

http://www.sr20-forum.com/information-library/44727-crank-case-ventilation-fully-explained-turbocharged-edition.html

5inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 11:59 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

il go along with john on that
car will be quicker and engine will last longer, the vacuum from induction and throttle bodies draws the crankcase gases out rather than letting them expel themselves which can cause excessive crankcase pressure and ring blowby

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 12:05 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

TurboTom wrote:Any reason to link 1-2 3-4 gaz mate?
Yeah to be honest that makes sense! Do you know how it effect emissions?

But thanks a lot for the reply buddy Smile answered all my questions and more!

You need to link them or you will be leaking vacuem & your car will run like poo!

As johnboy said above theres different oppinions on removing this, but alot of people do remove it includeing some of the boys with big powerd GTiR's as it will still breath connected to a breathable catch can, I think its if you remove the standard oil seporator you can get problems! so just leave that as it is Wink

7inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 12:07 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I stand corrected! Laughing Listen to Bob lol He knows more than most, i may change mine back to standard now lol

8inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 12:08 pm

TurboTom

Looks like I'll be keeping the standard setup then. I thought I might be able to just run 1-2 and 3-4 like gaz said, then run the breathers in the rocker to a separate oil catch can, in my mind, this means the crankcase gasses will still be expelled but directly rather than running through the inlet. In turn making the fuel cleaner.
But I am sure this can't be right, I am guessing the pressure from the rocker cover breathers is part of what helps create the vacuum in inlet mani. Probably wrong lol

Can anyone expand on that please, I don't get what WOT is in that write up johnboy posted

9inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 12:22 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

WOT = Wide Open Throttle.

10inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 3:09 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive not read what john put up but you can run a catchcan if you want at dizzy end of rockercover but ideally you need the outake pipe plumbed back in to the induction pipe so it draws the gases back into the catchcan.
theres absolutely no point in either blanking off the other end or running it to atmospheric breather.

you can however link the 4 vacuum ports to a dv if you wish but once again theres little point in doing this as the main tapping off the throttle bodies will give you all the vacuum needed to run an atmospheric dv

11inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 6:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Tha5s how mine is done it had the blanks on when i got it and then bought a catch can of bob then plumbed it through and also into the intake pipe.

12inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 6:36 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

nomad29 wrote:Tha5s how mine is done it had the blanks on when i got it and then bought a catch can of bob then plumbed it through and also into the intake pipe.

Could you post a pic up if its not to much trouble please nomad. Smile

13inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 6:58 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

inlet mani vacuum piping 55049DFF not a very good pic but sure you get the idea lol

14inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 7:01 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep your right, not a very good pic as i cant even see it Laughing

Just a little white box with a red x in the middle? lol

Edit: sorry its showing now, Damn computer lol

Last edited by Gaz GTiR on 24th July 2012, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

15inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 7:02 pm

TurboTom

whats your email gaz ill email it over if u want

nice set up there by the way nomad!!

16inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 7:03 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Sorry its showing now, stupid computer lol. Chees nomad Wink

17inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 7:27 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

This is how i have mine setup, Am i best linking the PCV pipe to the induction pipe? Or shall i link the pipe comeing out of the side of the rocker covor?

inlet mani vacuum piping 004-6

18inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 24th July 2012, 8:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thanks tom still aload more to do yet but most of its there. im not sure fella mine still has the standard set up where the pcv is with the little metal pipe across i set mine up with the catch can as bob said it was the best way.

19inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 25th July 2012, 11:53 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

tee the dizzy end of the pipe off back to induction pipe same as leightons done, this will then draw crankcase gases.
the other end that goes to pcv valve wont work correctly unless you remove the valve as it relies on vacuum pressure to open and close
will be fine then!

btw did i flog you that catchcan? i had one like that, they are very good bits of kit

20inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 25th July 2012, 12:01 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yes i won it in the auction section Bob Wink

I read somewhere that removing the metal pipe from oil seporator to back of rockor cover can cause problems as it has some sort of restrictor in it? How true this is i dont know? I think Fusion Ed said something on OC?

Not 100% sure tho!

So if i tee the dizzy end like you say will the PCV valve work then or do i need to remove the valve?

Would it work if i left it all as it is now but just T-PEICED the pipe thats running from the side of the rockor cover to the catch can to the induction pipe? Then i can leave that metal pipe from oil seperator where it is?

21inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 25th July 2012, 6:08 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes the dizzy end will work perfectly gaz, its the other end that wont.

as ed may of said (never saw the thread) with the pcv valve fitted it needs to open under vacuum pressure which you have not got so technically you just as well of blanked that end. just unscrew the metal pipe take the pcv valve out of it and screw it back in again, its only a 10 minute job and it will breath properly at both ends then

22inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 25th July 2012, 6:49 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Right Ive took the PCV valve out of the rockor cover, But how the hell do you get the valve out of the screw? lol

& are you saying i still need to TEE into induction pipe after ive done this? Im confused Laughing

23inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 25th July 2012, 6:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

So is it better to not have a pcv valve at all then no matter what set up you hav?

24inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 25th July 2012, 9:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no yours is fine leighton as its still connected to inlet so will be working as it should do

gaz....tee the pipe off near the dizzy back to induction pipe
pcv end...either remove the valve so you can blow through the pipe or nip into a plumbers merchant with your old fitting and get a union fitting the same thread and solder a 15mm bit of copper pipe to it then attach the hose

25inlet mani vacuum piping Empty Re: inlet mani vacuum piping 25th July 2012, 9:40 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Right i understand about the pcv get the fitting & run strait to catch can.

But the black metal pipe that runs from oil seporator to the breather outlet on the side of the rocker, is it ok to remove that like leighton has done as i read its a bad idea??? So was wondering if i can TEE it from the side of the rocker where i have a pipe running to catch can now?

And just wondering do i actualy need to TEE into the induction pipe as the PCV valve will be removed, dous it still need vacuem?

As the catch can is a breathable 1 so it will draw unmetered air into the induction hose!

Sorry to be a pain in the arse Shocked lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum