Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Exhaust Mani

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Exhaust Mani Empty New Exhaust Mani 11th October 2013, 4:34 pm

Viper911

Viper911

Got the R in the garage to check over the turbo etc and see if there is any issues.

Looking at it I think I might change anyway and as they are down there might as well get the mani uprated as well.

Can anyone vouch for this option, or offer one of there own?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-PULSAR-SUNNY-GTiR-N14-SR20DET-STAINLESS-STEEL-TURBO-MANIFOLD-GASKETS-/400507360609?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d40195561

2New Exhaust Mani Empty Re: New Exhaust Mani 11th October 2013, 4:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I have seen these before never bought one but like most of the budget manifolds are thin metal and crack after a while due to the heat ....tbh i think not unless your going to spend a good bit of money id stick with the oe cast one imho

3New Exhaust Mani Empty Re: New Exhaust Mani 11th October 2013, 5:35 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

stick with the orginial mate and get it ported or something this will crack for sure, may look nice in the bay but gonna give you trouble

4New Exhaust Mani Empty Re: New Exhaust Mani 12th October 2013, 3:52 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

POS full stop, you will pay 3 times that for a decent tubular manifold & most people don't really need them.
Original manifold is quite good, as said above port it & perhaps ceramic coat it & fit a decent elbow if not already done. standard/ported manifold will cope with most peoples power goals & will not crack every year.
reason you get so many breakdowns on R's is due to this ebay shit people keep bolting on.
Buy wisely & don't throw good original parks away just because they look a bit scabby ...

5New Exhaust Mani Empty Re: New Exhaust Mani 12th October 2013, 4:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep as said above
pure tat sums it up lol

if you want a good quality manifold then I may flog mine from my track car which I previously spent 6 hours of my life porting and matching to head Laughing 
New Exhaust Mani Dsc00691vi

its not as clean as that anymore as its been used but that was how it looked after I had finished it

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6New Exhaust Mani Empty Re: New Exhaust Mani 12th October 2013, 6:33 pm

Viper911

Viper911

Will see what the mech says. Hopefully its not the turbo but will find out Monday with any luck. On first name terms with the AA flat bed guy lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]